Is it possible that a structure absorb co2 from surrounding environment and use it for attainting strength

As we see co2 is freely available in the environment so can we use it in construction in order to reduce its concentration in environment 

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

In the olden days slaked lime (calcium hydroxide) was used as white wash. In time this absorbs CO2 from air becoming calcium carbonate. 

So why not use lime in construction to absorb CO2 ?

How do we get CaO? From limestone by heating, which releases CO2 . 

Back to the pavilion? New research shows that if the lime is added to sea water, it absorbs twice the amount of CO2 . It becomes net carbon negative. More work is needed.

#-Link-Snipped-#

• Rinki Gladia
    Rinki Gladia

👍 Tq sir

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is wrong in the following code output:- 1729 4101 4913 {correct output 1729 4104}#include int main(){int i,d=0,j,k,s=5000;for(i=1;i<=s;i++){  for(j=1;jj)       d++;                   }}if(d==2)        printf("%d\n",i);  d=0;  }}
So this year Accenture is coming to my college campus and they put criteria of 6.82 CGPA (aggregate) but the problem is I was YD in first year. So my...
i am doing my final year project on ultrasonic cleaning.It uses ultrasonic waves to clean up fruits metals clothes etc.The material to be cleaned is placed under water along with...
In this journal paper they mix the aluminium with natural fibre my question is - How the natural fibre withstand the heat while fabricate?NEW NATURAL FIBRE REINFORCED ALUMINIUM COMPOSITE FOR...
I want to know what things should I keep in my mind while selecting the sites for the test