Is Cloud Computing Anti-Outsourcing?

The technology use is growing at an insane rate. But IT budgets are flat.
Businesses now look for instant, pay-per-use, on-demand models.
The cloud will impact IT service providers in a big way.
It may not replace jobs, but cloud computing with its ease of set-up and cost benefits, could become the politically correct alternative to offshoring.

More than ever, it's imperative to understand where firms will rely on third-party providers in the coming year and also where they'll increase spend. -
Offshoring votary and technology strategist John McCarthy says newer technologies like cloud computing will cause a bigger dent in the off shoring business model than any ant
anti- outsourcing moves coming out of the US.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    and what if the service providers start providing the cloud services? Just a thought!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Chris Barnes takes on EARL - the Enhanced Automated Robotic Launcher - the new bowling robot at the International Training and Research Center in Arlington. This robot bowler, cheekily named...
Hello friends, Can anyone tell me whether there is MAC address inside Datagram or not ? If there is no mac, then how do we identify the desired system(receiver) in...
Guys, I did not get the concept that IP datagrams that are used over internet to transfer messages is connectionless service and HTTP use TCP(connection oriented) service. My confusion is...
I vividly remember the day when I went to that bookstore. "Crossword" was newly opened in my city. I, along with my 3 friends went there. And boy, we were...
ScanCorner aims to solve the problem faced by many people who have the 'hard copies' of their photographs and want to convert them into high quality digital images. The startup...