IR Oscilloscope software

Have been searching for ages with no joy😔, does anyone know of any software that can use my laptops IR receiver and display the results as an oscilloscope.

Many thanks in advance,
Chris

Replies

• Elisa
    Elisa
    This is interesting. Do let me know if you find anything.
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Dopey I am totally with you!!

I have been looking for a way to interface my laptop's IR reciever. HOWEVER there is a catch. Newer models do not allow you to do that, these IR are also known as CIR! or Consumer Infrared. Used mainly for Micro$hit OEM products like Medea Center and stuff. Basically it will be illegal for you to use for anything else.

But the older models might have a way to interface. Please remember if you ask a question dont be lazy, give me each and evrything about your laptop,

what does the IRr look like?
    Is there a remote?
    Which company/model laptop?
    What OS?
    What did you find online till now???

EVERYTHING!! If this comes through it will be an awesome project. I tried to reverse engineer the IR port but found just 2 files related to it. Ill post them later since they are on my laptop.
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Here are some usefull links:

#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    SOme Basic Q's on IR and IrDA.

Elisa if you got a laptopwith CIR port then help if you like 😀
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ooo, thanks for the links dude! I got an IR on my old Compaq laptop, N1000v. Could be useful.. hm.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Download the CE Presentation Here - https://www.divshare.com/download/1544380-acd The idea is to come up with a simple presentation that we can forward to our friends in order to tell them...
Hey CEans! NAME: hussain location: India profession : Student. Course : Electronics & communication Engineering JOB : Not Applicable my Aim in life : To become a successfull and innnovative...
10. The world does revolve around us... we choose the coordinate system. 9. No "couple" enjoy a better "moment". 8. We know how to handle stress and strain in a...
Private letters, especially from Mother to son ... should never be read by others ... but unfortunately there are too many people LIKE YOU ... who are habituated to reading...
Wishing many HaPpy Returns of this special day to all the Left Handers! 13th August is Left Handers Day! Way to go guys!! Rock on the world! 😁😁 -The Big...