IoT python app with raspberry pi home automation using IBM bluemix

Project Abstract / Summary : IoT PYTHON APP WITH RASPBERRY PI
HOME AUTOMATION USING IBM BLUEMIX

ABSTRACT:
Technology is a never ending process. To be able to design a product using the current technology that will be beneficial to the lives of others is a huge contribution to the community. Wireless technologies are becoming more popular around the world .This paper involves the design and implementation of a IoT python APP based on home automation system. Technology have made our life desired to control everything at the home by clicking a button. It involves turning off/on unnecessary appliance when you are not at home to detect intruders when you not around.The design is based on a self sustaining raspberry pi board and the home appliances are connected to the input/output ports of this board via relays. The wireless communication between the cellphone and IoT(ibm bluemix) and the raspberry pi board makes the design more beneficial. This system is designed at low cost and expandable allowing variety of devices to be controlled with minimum changes to its core. Password protection is available only allow authorised users from accessing the appliances at home.This project creates the great impacts to the environment and will be used worldwide.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : There is a great demand for electricity in remote areas of India. Many parts are greatly in need of power. Many of the power plants fail to meet the requirement of the needy. The only way is to reduce the usage of electricity when the appliances is not in use. Hence we need to switch off the devices when we fail to do so.

Project Highlights : To make this world automated and controlling the devices when we are out.
The world will be smarter if it is automated. If this is selected we will implement this and thereby develop our knowledge. This will be a motivating factor for our development if selected.

Project Category : Robotics / RC / Automation
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: RMK ENGINEERING COLLEGE
City: CHENNAI
State: TAMIL NADU
Participating Team From: Third Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It seems Intex is on a launching spree, yesterday it was the Intex Cloud Jewel and today it is the Intex Cloud Gem +. The Intex Cloud Gem + is...
Hi everyone, I am very confused and frustrated. I am preparing for GRE.. I pursued Electrical engineering and passed out in 2011. I will be appearing for GRE in Sep...
at present i am pursuing Bachelor in engineering Electrical in 4th sem in a good government college. my family financial condition is not too good. i am not much interested...
Hello guys . Can any body give me some innovative poster design concept or idea because I have a poster competition few days from now
What is the notion of variable free programming (the context is JAVA)?