iOS App MathPix Can Solve Handwritten Equations

There is no one on earth who hasn’t got stuck while solving mathematical problems. Next time you are in a fix while solving mathematical equations you might want to reach out for your iPhone. Stanford PhD student Nico Jimenez advised by Stanford graduate Paul Ferrell dreamt of a smartphone app that could solve equations by looking at it. They teamed up with two high school students Michael Lee and August Trollback to develop the idea into an iPhone app called Mathpix that has come to the rescue of students all round the world.

MathPix (4)
MathPix (3) MathPix (2) MathPix (1)

The iOS app looks and feel like a regular camera app until you bring the on-screen rectangular box over the handwritten equation. Once the app highlights them as green by using image recognition it sends them to a server which is equipped with powerful deep learning algorithms that become better every time they get new data. The server then solves the problem and sends you the solution. The team at Mathpix is terming it as a learning tool by stating the fact that the app provides a step-by-step solution to the problem.

The Mathpix app can solve high school level algebra and graphing and calculus students in college can use it for solving integrals. One of the best things about the Mathpix app is that it is free to download. The app is a small one as well, just 9MB in size. There are a few issues with this app if we are honest. Currently is only available for iOS, it requires internet connectivity and you handwriting must be legible enough for the app to pick up. Overall the app is a good effort and you should check it out if you have an iOS device. You can get the app from the #-Link-Snipped-# and read more about it Mathpix: Document cloud for research..

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Kaustubh sir, this is my third attempt to have your guidance regarding my career in IT...I wish this time you will definitely reply... Sir I am an electronics engineering...
The magical Graphene has made it to the front page again. UK based Indian scientist Dr Aravind Vijayaraghavan and Dr Maria Iliut have recently released a report which says that...
what are the different stages in the construction of a building or a structure?
LG’S G5 is now available in India at a price of INR 52990. It is launched today, on Flipkart’s Exclusive for a pre-book sale and is coming with a CAM...
Event Name: WAVICLE 2016 Organised by: Techno India SPIE Student Chapter In Kolkata, West Bengal Event Dates - Jul 26, 2016 at 10:00 AM to Jul 27, 2016 at 6:00...