Interactive WhiteBoard

Hello!

My name is Muneer. I was wondering whether this concept of making a smart board would work(shown in image attached). The idea is to use two distance meters to measure distance ‘a’ and distance ‘b’ from the transmitter in the pen to the top corners. Distance c is fixed and known. Using the distances, the x and y distance should be workable from the formulas I guess.

I have a few concerns and require your expert opinion,

a. How can we construct the distance meter (IR? Ultrasonic? Any available schematic...etc)
b. Converting the x and y distances to pixel information
c. Interfacing the board to a computer, possibly giving the input from the smart board directly as a mouse input.

or if you could suggest other practical ways.

Could you please help me with this? Thanks.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am doing BTEC national diploma in mechanical engineering,last year,can some one helps me with ideas for mini project.many thanks
hi guys many previous post says about camless engine but i have a doubt how these ordinary valve timing cams are manufactured. ya we learned to draw cam profiles but...
Lately, I've been hearing that many companies have delayed the joining date for the engineers who graduated in 2008. Now, since the number of students who have offers but no...
I think it would be interesting to seek opinions from our fellow engineers about which job portal produces better results. Once we get few names, we'll start a poll.
Source: IBM Research | Ponder This | December 2008 challenges Consider a random walk on the 2-d integer lattice starting at (0,0). From a lattice point (i,j) the walk moves...