Instagram Introduces Recommendations For Videos

It's been two months since the launch of a new 'Videos You Might Like' channel in the Explore Tab in Instagram. Ever since people have been stuck with Instagram even longer, to find more and more stuff they might find enjoyable. But at the same time, many people wanted the Explore tab to get more specific and personalized.

Seems like these feedbacks have been received by the Facebook Inc's subsidiary. Instagram today released "Picked For You" section - a better way to provide its users with the content they really love. The new addition is that Instagram presents even more detailed channel topics, rather than generalizing it into topics like Science and Tech, for example.

instagram-1
How does Instagram do it? Well Instagram has a very big user base of around 500 million users, and the number keeps on increasing every passing day. Moreover, the company disclosed that time spent by its users in watching the video content on the platform is on a parallel slop, which has increased by 150% in the last six months. Using the data gained through this resources, Instagram analysed and launched this new edition of Explore Tab.

The new list of more specific topics incorporates Bakers, Makeup Tutorials, Ballet Dancers, Trickshots, Artists, Makers & Artisans Baseball Players and Skateboarders, Oddly Satisfying, Cheerleaders, Dancers, Calligraphy, Special Effects Makeup, Comedians, Barbers, Cake Decorating, Ceramics, Comic Book Artists, Pitbulls, Gymnasts, Nail Artists, Hair Tutorials, Singers.

instagram-2
There has been a lot of such additions in Instagram which focuses on customizing its content differently for different users. Earlier the company also included the algorithmic feed, which surfaces the news feed with content users might find more interesting. Under the hood, it is tracking its users behavior on the platform and might later use it for advertisement purposes.

For the primitive stage, the new update will be released from tomorrow only in US, and will be included in other markets at a later stage. This might be a danger sign for Snapchat.
For the latest tech updates, stay in touch with CrazyEngineers.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, i am the mechanical engineering student . I am planning to do project on solar energy is anyone has any innovative idea please let me know
I am a fresher with a bachelor degree in mechanical and have an opportunity as a graduate trainee in an contract based organisation related to works on hydraulics. So please...
I'm looking for an excel formula that will help me create abbreviations using the first letters of the text in columns - TEXT ------------------------- ---+------ABBREVIATION Stanford School of Engineering |...
Intex is on a roll with yet another budget smartphone - this time the Intex Aqua Classic priced at Rs 4444! The phone comes with a dual GSM SIM card...
Born and brought up in Mumbai and coming from humble beginnings, Kapil Hetamsaria completed his B.E. in Mechanical Engineering from VJTI, Mumbai in 1999. In 2005, he completed MBA in...