InstaCRT Real World Camera Filter On App Store - Do you like it?

InstaCRT is an app that gives your digital photos a trip to the real world - and back again! Amazing, isn't it? There are people out there who are growing increasingly tired of the photoshoped or otherwise edited digital photos. Now-a-days, every one has a DSLR and can fiddle with photoshop.
So, here we have InstaCRT, a result of an unlikely collaboration between developer Martin Ström, filmmaker Ruben Broman and photographer Erik Wåhlström.
The worlds first real world camera filter.

How InstaCRT works:

1. You take and upload a photo from your iOS device.
2. The machine (located in a studio in Stockholm, Sweden) receives the photo and projects it onto an CRT screen originally connected to a VHS camera from the 80's (kids: Wikipedia that).
3. A super modern SLR camera takes a photo of the screen.
4. The InstaCRTized photo is sent back to your iPhone.
5. Share your photo with the world (and on Instagram)

Take a look at the video demonstation here -

Do you think people would love to try this?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In this video, NEST demonstrates how to remove your old thermostat, label wires, screw the Nest Learning Thermostat into your wall, insert wires into Nest's base, and mount the Nest...
I'm new to TFT technology. My task is to display font. TFT controller is SSD1963, kindly let me know how to move forward with this.
Hi, I am Ananthakrishnan. An automobile engineering student seeking a higher career in the Industry. Now I am on my final year in the institution. I am here to ask,...
how the work done in carnot cycle is low and mean effective pressure is also low while it is highest thermal efficiency cycle...?
Disney Research, an arm of the Walt Disney group has come up with Touché, an enhanced capacitive sensing technology with a staggering number of diverse applications. Dig in for more...