Ideas to solve the 'too many unread emails' problem

CEans,

This post comes after reading Michael Arrington's post - #-Link-Snipped-#

What can be a solution to this problem? I bet lot of people on CE deal with similar problem.

Ideas, anyone?

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I usually set up filters in my Yahoo Mail and place different types of mails into different folders, then would try to check them later.. which is usually never ๐Ÿ˜‰

Gmail doesn't have folders in which I'm aware of. The only solution is to apply different labels and "hide" them from the inbox. That usually keeps it clutter free.

Of course, that doesn't solve the problem of getting large volumes of e-mails in the first place. If worse comes to worse, just pull the plug and have a new e-mail address ๐Ÿ˜€
  • madhumurundi
    madhumurundi
    hi how to set up those filters in yahoo????๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž...........
  • paresh22_11
    paresh22_11
    Really, this is a big problem for everyone.

The simplest way is to block unwanted mail address.
    In yahoo u can do this by following procedure :
    open ur accout - open options - block address - write email id to block - click ok.

I dont know any such idea for gmail.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Ctrl + A, Shift + Delete

Heh, just kidding! Generally do not allow the mails to pile up on you. Else, do as Ash says, have filters on the inbox and classify your mails. I make it a point to keep my inbox empty (66 mails in my inbox today ... targeting to cut them down to size by EOD)
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Don't read forwarded emails

Don't read newsletters

Don't read Facebook, hi5, jaxor...etc invitations

Don't read emails with subject contains a big label like Microsoft written in my native language (arabic in my case)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    anyone here with too many non-spam messages? How do you solve 'that' problem?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I still think setting up filters to organize mails into different folders is a good option. Then you can spend time tackling each folder when your in the mood(whether you want to reply, delete, forward, etc..).

For me, I read depending on my mood and urgency of the e-mail.

hi how to set up those filters in yahoo????๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž...........
    Sorry for the late response bro ๐Ÿ˜‰ Its very easy to set up the filters. At the moment, you can only set up filters using the Classic interface. Then, go to Options > Mail > Filters. Here you can add up to 15 filters ๐Ÿ˜€ The parameters for the filtering depends on:

From
    To/Cc
    Subject
    Body

For example, in the Subject field, you choose to filter it whether it contains/does not contain/begins with/ends with a word that you get specify.
  • gohm
    gohm
    I get a large volume through work where I could never read and reply to everything(that's all I'd get done then) so what I do using Outlook is have the preview function on so you can see the beginning of the message or even the full thing if it is short in your Inbox without opening the message. I can then quickly scan the message getting the info I need and either reply, save to a folder or delete after that. I use a lot of folders as it is good to recall information later and it helps if there ever is a disagreement or issue.
  • joe3204
    joe3204
    to prevent spams, why not use temporary e-mail addresses for filling out registration forms. this way spammers don't get hold of your e-mail address. here are some websites providing temporary e-mail service.
    1. Home - Mailinator
    2. โœ‰ Guerrilla Mail - Disposable Temporary E-Mail Address

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HI all, can any one provide ne procedure for naming gas turbines.. for ex: for GE it has a MS7001FA gas turbine...wat it actually means.. i think it may b...
Curious to know how to connect keypad with UP2 board? I'd appreciate your answers.
Hi all, I want to earn good returns from the investment in the stock markets but do not have a clue as where to invest properly. I have been watching...
[SIZE=+1]Google Copernicus Center is hiring[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Google is interviewing candidates for engineering positions at our lunar hosting and research center, opening late in the spring of 2007. This unique opportunity is...
check out this site it is cool guys!! string spin toy - zefrank.com