IBM Verse - Email Refined. Yet. Again. But Looks Cool!

The electronic mail seems to be the problem that remains unsolved; and IBM's taking a fresh look at the problem with a new email client, called IBM Verse. Email can be overwhelming if not managed properly and almost everyone is equally bad at it. IBM's team of engineers and designers began looking at email from scratch and found the solutions to most of the common problems by designing an email client that understands your habits and ensures that top mail and people are given priority.

The Verse brings a refreshing UI that gives show people-bubble at the top and a quick-view at the calendar at the bottom. There seems to be to-do app integrated and maybe a way to insta-chat with your contacts. Imagine that you're taking a lunch break and your colleague sent you an email about an urgent meeting due in 10 minutes. IBM's Verse will have you covered. Verse also makes it very easy to find specific files, message or an email thread. IBM's also working on getting #-Link-Snipped-# , Jeopardy Winning Computer, to help you find answers.

IBM-Verse-Email-Client

IBM Verse seems to be aimed at the enterprise users with a social angle inbuilt. IBM says that they'll use their cloud expertise to offer newer ways of collaboration among the users - for example, an attachment will be served directly via cloud; without the user having to download it. IBM's already began accepting sign-ups and the first launch of the client is expected in Q1, 2015. The client will be freemium (client will be free, you will be able to buy add-ons). It will work across desktop and mobile platforms (Android, iOS, BB OS et al).

Our Opinion: Handling email is indeed a problem and several attempts have been made at making it better and more productive. IBM seems to have done lot of impressive work but we do not have enough knowledge about the client and the features it offers to form an opinion. We've signed up for the service and will post our review once we get our hands on it. Till then, do watch this video released by IBM about what to expect in Verse email client. Do let us know your thoughts.

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Want to get more info on this. Looks promising. *fingers crossed*
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    IBM is working a lot on making everything social with analytics and this looks a very promising step. Hopefully this will be as good as it looks!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I just hope that they've a desktop client that will work on OSX. I get overloaded with emails and occasionally tend to miss out on the important ones. Typically, the mails I miss are the ones from first time mailers (business query, for example). I wonder how will the Verse folks handle this situation.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google's just announced the availability of Google Chrome V. 39.0.2171.65 for OSX - the stable version of Chrome that adds 64-bit support. The latest version, which should have been installed...
Read an interesting story of some guy on Quora, this is all about his journey to get selected in Google The journey: Summer 2013: Started to revise the course Data...
Hi, I am presently working in IT industry having 3 years of experience. I now feel to move to some other country like US or Canada. Since i am working...
Whenever a new smartphone arrives featuring the Android KitKat v4.4 OS, we start gorging on its specs with the expectation to find something awe-inspiring enough to beat the competition. Sadly,...
If you are stranded in the middle of a highway and have no help available at any nearby location, Honk app can come to your rescue. Designed as an on-demand...