I want to prepare for IES exam 2019 but my basic knowledge is less what should I need to do?

I have two years down in engineering

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-#‍ Hello and welcome to CE. By two years down, do you mean two years are left to complete engineering? (Please clarify that part).

As far as preparation is concerned, you need to start studying ASAP. No point in wasting even a day.

First things first, refer to the pattern and syllabus of the latest examination for your branch. Since the syllabus keeps updating, you need to be well acquainted with how much ground you need to cover. 

Select the standard books to prepare ESE exam according to the new syllabus. 

I always suggest that all aspirants refer the previous years’ questions papers to identify repeated and important topics and questions. Solve all previous years IES question papers (Always set a time limit).

While studying it is important to make short notes on important topics and formulae list. 

Lastly, you must remember to prepare each topic for both objective and subjective questions.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-#‍ - Your first focus should be on clearing the subjects and trying to improve your score in the rest of the course exams. IES preparation can happen simultaneously. 

'Edited'.

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

I endorse what #-Link-Snipped-#‍ said above. RichardFeynman said that knowing the name of something does not mean one knows anything about it. It is very important to have a thorough grounding in the basics.

The rest will follow.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How can anyone get into the universities like - National University Of Singapore or Nanyang Technological University.What is the procedure, eligibility criteria and why they are so famous? Let us...
Want to work on Laravel- World's #1 for PHP development framework platform but don't know how to install its development environment- Valet on Windows 10 machine?Well, then here you can...
hello...! i am a b.tech graduate with 60% in mechanical engineering..i have more interest in automotive designing field for that i have to do automotive design or industrial design in...
Come Monday and my Twitter feed is filled with jokes about how bad everyone's Monday is. And here I'm feeling excited as Mondays for me are a kind of 'feeling...
I am a huge documentary buff and would love to get recommendations about good documentaries by Indian or foreign filmmakers about ancient engineering and science in India. Do we have...