I want to know details of competitive exams for civil engineers. How many attempts are allowed?
@dasari - Most of the Civil engineers would participate in the following list of competitive exams in India -
1. GATE - for post graduate studies. I think there is no limit to how many times you can take the exam.
2. UPSC - The age limits for General Category students is 32 years, for OBC it's 35 years and for SC/ST category students, it's 37 years. Plus, physically handicapped students could attempt it till the age of 42 years.
3. PWD - the exams conducted by the Public Works Department. Not sure of the age limit for these exams.
4. GRE - For MS in foreign Universities. I'm not sure of the age requirements for this exam. Maybe there's no age restriction to take the exam, but the University 'might' have age limits. You'll have to short-list the University you wish to apply to and then find out if the age criteria fits.
5. TOEFL - If you take the GRE, you will have to take the TOEFL exam as well, which is the Test of English as Foreign Language. You'll be tested for your proficiency in English language.
I think there are several others. You should do a Google search and find out more information about each of these exams and others.
All the best!
Only logged in users can reply.