I need an advice

Hello!I'm new here. I've been browsing tons of forums for an idea of what to do. I was laid off from my job about 3 month ago. I've been looking for a job since then, but did not even get a single interview. I worked as a web designer for a publishing company for the last 5 years. Looks like CrazyEngineers is an active forum with active members and may be someone has some experience working as a freelance web designer. May be this category is not the most appropriate for this question, but I want to try anyways to get some opinions before I go ahead with my life. I'm wondering if it is possible in the current economy to find work for a freelance web designer and make enough to pay for rent and groceries. I was able to find a small project on craigslist and I developed a website for a company. It was a small project and took me only a week to complete. I got paid $800 for 1 week of work which is not bad. Please people give me some ideas. I have 2 kids and my wife is out of work as well. Thank you in advance.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hi there!

Are you registered on freelancer websites like ODESK and RentACoder? If not, I'd suggest that you should get registered today and start looking for available jobs. There are tons of freelancer jobs available there.

You'll have to create a detailed profile on those sites mentioning your skills and experience. $800/week might be on the higher side regarding normal payments are considered, but you can trust those sites; they pay on time, without fail.

Let us know if this helps. If you need any specific information, feel free to post here.

All the best!
  • gohm
    gohm
    Where there is a will, there is always a way! If this is your passion, stick to it. It does take time to develop and grow your own business plus a lot of hard work & dedication. That's why many people don't. Very rewarding if you do & succeed. Network with other freelancers will give you both connections and information. Research which certificates are most benfitial and work out a timeline to achieve those. I cannot overstate the importance of networking and persistance!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Well gohm you have explained everything very clearly.
    and as biggie suggested if you register in those sites you can happily get the projects and money but the main criteris they look is quality and on time delivery please plan accordingly and all the best.
    you will win ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello all, I am Vivek, I have a paper presentation competition coming up in my college. Let me know some good topics for Presentation ppt in Computer Science and Engineering....
Hey,, am thinking to do Final year Project on some Simulator .. on some Error correction or some other techniques.. please... Suggest me some topics relating to Simulators.. orite.. my...
CEans, Following excel tip might come handy at times. Say, you want to merge two excel cells without losing data - First Name | Last Name John | Lennon Paul...
what is the output of 'c++' code????? void main() { int num=190*300/300; cout<<"num:"<
Hi everybody, I am a spanish student. I am not exactly studying civil engineering. I am studing "degree in Public works technical engineering, specialized in transport and urban services" that...