I have lost yesterday's Whatsapp messages after uninstall?

Hi, last night I uninstalled whatsapp for storage purposes. Today I have installed again but I notice that on one of the conversations I have on there has all of yesterday's messages missing. The ones from before that are all still there? If that person has messaged after uninstall last night, will the message have been deleted given there's nothing from yesterday? 

Replies

• Alisha Tandon
    Alisha Tandon

Uninstalling WhatsApp does not delete your account. Any message sent during the time you did not have WhatsApp not installed on your phone are automatically stored on server and retrieved the moment a connection is established. Check if you have Google drive backup enabled for whats app. It automatically stores all your messages and media files in Google backup and can be retrieved. 

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Right. WhatsApp servers will store the messages on their servers for a few days and delete them is no request to retrieve them is made. The sender who sent the message when WhatsApp was not installed on your phone will see a single tick as "Message Sent" confirmation.

They will receive "double tick" when you have retrieved the message and have enabled the message received settings under account privacy. Does that answer your question?

• Aryaman Gupta
    Aryaman Gupta

It happens sometimes when you uninstall WhatsApp for some reasons and whenever you reinstall the WhatsApp you find your conversation/messages missing because when the sender sends a message to you but your WhatsApp isn't installed, they see a single tick and on the time period when you weren't on WhatsApp your messages which were sent from the sender were deleted by the WhatsApp's server and that is why when you check them they cannot be seen

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey hii its aakriti this side. I am an Mtech  CSE student and stepping in mg dessertion work. I have to select a quality research thesis project topic for my...
I am a third year student and in our college according to the new rule we have to select our project domain and project abstract by this year and do...
what is cloud? why we need cloud computing. what is scope of cloud computing and how can impliment in cloud computing. How can i make future in cloud computing.which field...
Iam with B.E degree can do B.ed and if yes than in which subjects do i have as an option?
Hello all, I recently graduated and for my senior project I laid the ground work for a larger project I want to complete. For my project I used an infrared...