How to think like a programmer — lessons in problem solving

Quote:
“Everyone in this country should learn to program a computer, because it teaches you to think.” — Steve Jobs
You probably also wondered what does it mean, exactly, to think like a programmer? And how do you do it??
Essentially, it’s all about a more effective way for problem solving.
End quote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've become a programmer in the last two years of hard-work and all I can say is this -

"Don't give up"

I've found that even the seemingly impossible problems have solutions if you just don't give up. It's almost like magic. Have experienced this over and over.

These days, whenever I face a complex programming challenge, I just stay at it. I'd search youTube, tutorials, programming forums trying to find clues - until something awesome happens or my brain just gets a new way to solve a problem. It's very hard to do, but end is always predictable.
  • Sandra James
    Sandra James
    Learn to strap in and not stop until the job is done. Anyone who has ever dabbled in coding knows that it is an exercise in patience. Learn to love the pain. Remember WHY you are doing something! Remind yourself that EVERYONE needs help. Keep in mind that having fun is key.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Want to install a portable dust suction equipment,can any one suggest the speed of the motor required for sucking the dust. Dust is fine lime powder. The capacity of silo...
I'm super new to Elasticsearch and have been finding my way to make search work for the upcoming version of CrazyEngineers. I wish to know from our fellow CEans who've...
We all know there's no easy way to get a job in electrical field, that too in a developing country like India. Let us discuss on valuable experiences and suggestions...
Beguiling, baffling or both—that’s blockchain. To clarify blockchain for the benefit of companies and other organizations, as well as engineers and managers, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)...
I have completed diploma in civil engineering can I apply for these post ???