How to tame the mouse cursor?

I wish to develop an application where in I enter a keyword, say Computer. What the application is required to do is open the browser, load google.com, type the keyword (the search key), find the links of the results, go to each link, extract the logo and link address and map each of the result into an excel sheet/word document. I intend to use MS.NET with C# environment to accomplish this.
I need guidance as to how to tame the cursor so that the keyboard doesn't come into play and everything is automated.

Replies

• K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    Good idea.... I guess, i can do this using Java. Let me try ....
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    um. instead of taming the mouse cursor, you can do it like this:
    1. Create a #-Link-Snipped-#
    2. query google
    3. read the html returned by WebRequest (google will most probably return xhtml, so you can parse it using the xml dom)
    4. Extract links and store it into spreadsheet.
    Instead of storing it into a spreadsheet, store the links into an xml file. And bingo! MS Excel can convert import an xml file into a spreadsheet.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Electronic transportation systems is the new buzzword in the technology and engineering world. While USA and Europe is rapidly adopting the EVs (I admit that they're far from being popular,...
Aakash seems to be a big hit with Indian tablet fans. With over 100000 tablets being ordered every day, I'm sure a lot of our CEans should have obtained the...
Hi Everyone, i know how an engine works. What i want to know is what are the materials used for engineering a engine. Like the material of cylinder block, crank...
The Bandra Worli sea link is probably India's few mega structures project. The sea link is a cable stayed bridge that is 5.6km long and uses viaducts on either side....
CEans, Through small talk we interview engineers who've had an impact in the world. If you wish to see your favorite personality in our Small Talk, please post your suggestion...