How to run Android app on Java phone? [Answered]

Everyone wishes there was a way to do that. Even though Android phones these days are available at incredibly cheap prices, there's always some defaulter you know who just won't give up on the Java phone. (Some people must really love their 'firsts', eh?) There are even people out there with phones that just can not be connected to a PC because they lack the USB slot.

And still somehow, there are so many people who ask me if it can be done. 👀

Best answer: It can't be done. If it's a very popular Android app that you want to run on your Java phone, all you can do is search for the Java version of it on the app's official website. If it's there, problem solved. If it's not, just go get yourself an Android smartphone already. It is cheaper than Rs. 5K these days.

I hope people searching on this topic will stop browsing further.

Argument: Can't I run an Android app that's written in Java using Android default libraries in a Java phone by converting the .apk file to .jar file?

Answer: If you compare the application runtime environments of an Android device and a JavaME device, from what I know, there's nothing in common between those two.

Argument: Can't I make the Android OS run on a Java phone?

Answer: Yes you can. There are ways, but you really ought to know what you are doing because you may end up damaging the device if things go wrong. Moreover, most java phones have too small RAM size to run the Android OS and the apps on top of it.

Recommended Reading: Java to Android - Operating System Change?

If anyone can add some more information to this, please do so in replies. 👍 Thanks!

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It was days of April-2015,We were having semester examinations and also we were looking for an last vacation of our college life.Some of my friend had decided to go for...
We have a lot of programmers here, I thought of making a collection of the best books that one can use to learn database systems. The books I've referred during...
Just thinking how can we make Aladdin Flying Carpet. 😀 if we take a rectangle wooden/plastic board, wrap it with nice silk cloth put 4 small drones on all corners,...
With almost each and every person around the world having atleast one smartphone, if not more, as per YouTube, more than half of the videos watched on its site are...
iam doing final year b tech in aeronautical, please suggest some aero related topics for my main project