How to make my communication more precise and effective

Hi,
I am from mainland-China and I have been studying in a British university for two years. Now I believe my oral English is good enough to have simple discussions with technical problems on the meeting or chat with my mates in the pub. However, I am always so frustrated about my interview conversation and public speeches.

I find it rather difficult to construct a precise answer within the shortest time and instead, I start using more and more vague words to describe my answer(which makes my explanation even worse).

It seems this is not a problem about using different language since I also make non-sense sentences in Chinese sometimes.

Could someone tell me if there's any way to improve my language or thinking skills? (I don't believe any shortcuts to improve these skills but once there's a good way to practice, I will definitely try it hard!)

Thank you very much.

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    hello Xunjie 😀

Firstly Welcome to CE.Secondly, you already speak good English 😀

The only thing what many people ( including me) miss is THINK before speak art.
    Its needed.
    First try making an attempt to think what you need to say, before start saying and then search for words.
    Its tough and I myself am working on this part . Don't be in a haste to answer or say before anyone does. It's of minimum use. Instead frame your answer in mind, initially it might take time but slowly you will get used to it

Hope this helps!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

(Sources: Automotive Mechanics by Crouse and Anglin, Thermodynamics by Cengel and Boles.) Air Standard Assumptions Actual gas power cycles are complex. To reduce analysis we follow the air standard assumptions,...
hello sir, My last year(BE e&tc) will start within 10 days. i m going to do indusrial automation course(plc, allen bradely, siemens, messung). but i dont know which project are...
Credit Card Debt Fact In the past year, Customers who access their credit cards in restaurants spend up to 50% more as compared to customers who pay off with cash....
Other than the electrical circuits needed for running the electric vehicle which are the circuits needed to make that vehicle perfect user friendly for the customers and to make the...
i want some ideas to make a project as i am in first year