How to convert cable thermal losses [Watts] into enthalpy?

Hello fellow engineers

I have a certain thermal loss from my power cables, it's about 15Watts loss, and I somehow have to convert that into a enthalpy so I can calculate how much more my cooling unit has to work.

The cable is a 4G4 powerflex copper cable. 

the ambient temperature of the room is 40 degrees celcius.

What do I do?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

1 kwhr = 860 kcals 

15 watts adds 13 kcals of heat in an hour. That much extra has to be removed by the cooling system.

• Rasmus Brenøe Ruus
    Rasmus Brenøe Ruus

Thanks Ramani. 

Is there an formula anywhere for this you could show me? 

Best regards

• Rasmus Brenøe Ruus
    Rasmus Brenøe Ruus

Nevermind 1 W is of course 1 J/s. 

Thanks a lot for the help!! 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

No continuous signal. Lot of interruptions with a message “cloudy/ rainy weather. But actually it is not. Here is A clear weather. Tried to change settings also. No result. What...
I have recently bought a Linksys router. I am not so familiar with its programme. I am facing Linksys Router Error 2118. Please help me with a proper idea.
Why is the rise time AKA slew rate of an amplifier used to prevent distortion of signal in a signal conditioning circuit? Thank you
When you are making ready for a certification check, one in every of the toughest elements is locating data sources. several of the exams have third-party preparation materials targeted at...
Hi everyone! Im working on a project in which I need to mesure the current using sensor, and show the battery level on labview.i'm asking, where can I find current...