How sensors works?

Can someone briefly tell me how do sensors work? I've to know it as a part of my industrial engineering studies.

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    there are various kinds of sensors, with different mechanisms and applications.

the general working principle is that they are sensitive bodies, who undergo some kind of bodily deformation, when ever there is a change in ambient conditions, and this change is detected and thus the change in conditions is measured, as it is considered to be directly proportional to the 'deformation'.

The thermocouple is one example.

Now which particular sensor do you want to know about. specify.
  • monti singh
    monti singh
    i want to know about sensor who work on automatic steering system
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    These systems use something called the proximity sensors. they gauge the distance between the car and the foreign object. if the distance is too less, which might result in collision between the two objects, then the sensor sends signals to the servo motor controlling the steering wheel. the steering wheel rotates and hence the car is steered away to safety.

and yes all this time it is understood that the driver is either asleep or has lost control of the car.
  • monti singh
    monti singh
    i have a question that how proximity sensor work on any car n how we constructs n use in any car 4 controling our car direction
  • Niranjan.v.l
    Niranjan.v.l
    can u please explain it in a better way.....give an example which is closer to our daily life so that i can understand...
  • monti singh
    monti singh
    can any one tell me about ppt for automobile 3rd year
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    monti singh
    can any one tell me about ppt for automobile 3rd year
    PPT for Automobile 3rd year? I doubt there exists a general power power point presentation for automobile 3rd year.
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    Proximity sensors emit a small electromagnetic field or signal and use this to sense the properties of the area in front of the sensor. They measure how the area reacts to the emission or the reflection of the signal bouncing off an object in front.
  • monti singh
    monti singh
    what we use to construct sensor
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    monti singh
    what we use to construct sensor
    I hope u get answer in the following links..
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • monti singh
    monti singh
    how we creat powerful robot 4 robot war n what we use 4 better proformance
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    monti singh
    how we creat powerful robot 4 robot war n what we use 4 better proformance
    Refer the following link:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

why is vortex fow important and its application in mechanical engineering??
I want detailed information for the following file formats - drg , pcs , idi , wrl. Can someone tell me what are these file formats associated with?
Dear All, Please tell me whether we can use variable frequency drive in centrifugal air compressors. Regards, Harshad Katre
hi............. i'm Marut mishra.belonging from lko.(up),india.i'm student of final year from mechanical department....
i wanna make something like secret micro phone recording in some other place and recorded data transferred to receiver by any modulation technique, receiver should be with us, and i...