How Google and Novartis Might Revolutionize Contact Lenses

Google’s founders may have recently downplayed the high tech giant’s healthcare plans. But a new partnership with Novartis, announced Tuesday, shows that Google is pretty serious when it comes to one medical device technology: contact lenses.

When the news came out in January that Google planned to develop a contact lens that could help diabetics keep track of their blood glucose levels, company officials said they were looking for partners with expertise in bringing such products to market.

That seems to be exactly what Google has found in the Swiss multinational Novartis and its Alcon eye care division, which has agreed to in-license Google’s “smart lens” technology for all ocular medical uses. Novartis' goal is to have a prototype ready for research and development reviews by early next year, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Endquote

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We've been searching for a payment gateway that can accept credit cards and other forms of payments (especially in India, like net-banking). The best option so far (with my limited...
I've a router with three antenna and I've positioned them as \ | / , thinking that it'd cover a wide area. I was wondering if putting all the three...
When the news of Ex-Apple CEO John Sculley backing the home-grown company - Obi Mobiles came forth, it did turn a lot of eyes towards the new entrant in the...
Hello Every Body, I M Ananta Mohanty Civil ( Structural) Engineer from Odisha, India Performing Government Job Interested in magic and reading books other than engineering job.
Determination of Barrier Potential V0 in p-n junction Or Contact difference V0 in p-njunction Or Boltzmann Relationship (Asked many a times in exams) 1. Consider a p-type of semiconductors with...