How does mosquito repeller work and how does it produce sound without speakers?

in the mosquito repeller we are using buzzer which is just made up of brass

my question is how it is producing the sound without speaker and any other device?
it is directly connected to transistor
what is the phenomena behind it's working?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Transistors are used to amplify the signals.The output of Amplifier is given to buzzer & it produces ultrasonic soundwaves.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Human ears are only sensitive to the sound range of 20 hz to 20 Khz. Anything above or below is not audible to us. No speakers doesn't means no sound. Every frequency produces a sound. You're surrounded immense "noise" around you.

I am not quite sure about the mosquito thing but its seems that those repellent produce a high frequency signal which might not be liked by the mosquito, however, being outside our audible range, we can't hear anything while it might be as irritating as someone scratching a board for mosquitoes. This is just a wild guess, I don't exactly know if this is the exact case.
  • lal
    lal
    Well, if your mosquito repller is making sound and you can hear it, then it is probably a fake. As prototype said above, those devices are meant to produce ultrasonic waves beyond the audible range of humans. Usually, piezo electric crsytals are made use of to produce ultrasonic waves. And these waves won't be detected by human ear.
  • aakash.kaasina
    aakash.kaasina
    Abhishek Rawal
    Transistors are used to amplify the signals.The output of Amplifier is given to buzzer & it produces ultrasonic soundwaves.
    what i heard is like they aren't that much useful....dont know if it is true or not

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Self-Driving car technology may make it to our four wheelers in near future as BMW and Continental have rolled up sleeves to make it work by 2025. The technology these...
Just thought of compiling a list of tallest buildings and skyscrapers in India. Maybe CEans can help extending the list and discussing tall buildings. Here we go- Imperial Tower 1...
Okay, the Galaxy Note 2 is winning hearts worldwide and it looks like Samsung will launch the Galaxy Note 3 at IFA in Berlin. The dates for the IFA have...
Samsung Galaxy S4 will be launched with Exynos 5 Octa CPU in India, says a report from SamMobile - the blog notorious for correct Samsung related leaks. Samsung is likely...
I have installed xampp v1.8.1 on my laptop and i wanted to run few jsp pages using it. Can anyone please help with instructions on how to do that?