Homogeneous Charge Compression Ignition Engine with Multi Fuel Injectors

Project Abstract / Summary : The aim of this project is to create a simulation of a HCCI Engine with Multi Fuel injectors using a Diesel Engine to showcase the Multi fuel capability of the HCCI engine and to showcase the combination of SI and CI Characteristics of the HCCI Engine. The simulated Engine will be running on Diesel (primary injection) and Castor Oil esterified with Turpentine Oil (Secondary injection).

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : We chose this project topic as this is an area under research and will help us to learn more about different types of engines (petrol and diesel), their components and working within a short span of time. Once this project is completed, it will help us in our future endeavors. Also, creation of a more clean and fuel efficient engine will help in a clean and green environment. In this day and age, when petrol and diesel reserves have their days numbered, another source of fuel is required. Not only that, An engine which will work on multiple fuels without major modifications will be a plus.

Project Category : Mechanical / Automobile / Aeronautical
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: SRM University, Ramapuram
City: Chennai
State: Tamil Nadu
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Round II Project Entry:

• pranshu ganeriwala
    pranshu ganeriwala

Hi, i am also working on my project in HCCI engines and need some help. it would be great if you could assist me regarding my project.

regards,

pranshu

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The spirit of the design.By Donald F. Ross Jr. 1-15-15 Security and surety comes from health and wealth of being. This comes from a self assuredness in family prosperity. This...
UCWeb and Facebook India have partnered to bring push notifications from Facebook directly to the browser. This is the first time that Facebook has partnered with a mobile web browser...
Lenovo and Flipkart, the Indian e-commerce portal, have come together to launch Lenovo A6000 smartphone. Bearing a Price in India tag of Rs. 6,999 ($113), the Lenovo smartphone's registrations have...
In the year 2014, we saw the upsurge of wearable electronic gadgets becoming a part of common man's life. Be it smartwatches or smartglasses, the top leading tech companies are...
Welcome, hope ya have no semester exams around, anything or everything related to technology can be posted.