Home Loans Vs. Entrepreneurship

For whatever, unknown reasons I always hated 'loans'! I mean, the idea of paying more for the goods in the longer run just didn't fit into my brain. Looking back, not opting for loan when the banks presented me with several 'attractive' schemes for home loans and car loans seems to be one of the best decisions I've ever taken in my life. Why? Because it allowed me to follow my dreams and become an entrepreneur. Had I taken a loan and had the liability of paying EMIs to the bank every month I'd have never thought of becoming an entrepreneur!

Not having any EMI's hovering over my head gave me the confidence of keeping my monthly expenses very low when the situations demanded (early stages of entrepreneurship). I believe this one factor kills several entrepreneurial aspirations. Most of the startups don't make any money in its early days and the founding team has to work harder without getting paid. Sustaining yourself through your savings seems practical only when you don't have a lot of expenses every month and common sense tell us that the biggest monthly expense is the bank EMIs for your home loans!

So that brings us to the question: Do you think home loans kill the entrepreneurial spirit? Share your views and opinions 😀

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Take loan only if you can satisfy all of these conditions-

1. Pay it back quickly (not more than 6 months)
    2. Earn at least thrice the amount of your (principal+ interest).
    3. Never take loan for personal expenses.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Don't talk about Paying Home Loan in 6 months! No bank will want that.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    Don't talk about Paying Home Loan in 6 months! No bank will want that.
    Do not take loans then. That is what I want to convey 😀

The point is tomorrow I come to you and ask some money, you will impose your conditions on me. This will make it difficult for me to pursue what I want to.
    So unless it is very necessary to take loan do not take it.

Else, if you can pay it back quickly i.e. "at your ease" do it. But personal loans are a strict no no.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i'm fourth year ECE student & i'll graduate next year is there anybody can suggest me project idea??
If you guys say no to loan, then from where procure seed capital ?
It looks like the electronics industry these days is obsessed with a new kind of biodegradable and flexible display. While we can understand the biodegradable displays are the need of...
Nokia and Audiodraft have teamed up to launch the Nokia Ringtone challenge in India and in several other parts of the country. The challenge is simple; submit and original ringtone...
The question is simple and I want simple answers. Will you buy the New iPad once it's available in your country? Yes or No? Why? My answer: No. Because I...