[HELP] Project [Camshaft Using EN8 Steel]

We designed a camshaft and manufactured it using EN8 Steel for a 4s ic engine(splendor bike's). Before started working on it,is it better to harden it? if so for EN8 which hardening process should be done? Flame hardening or through hardening?

Replies

• mechky
    mechky
    Why you chose EN8 Steel for camshaft? What was the cost of the material?

I need to know because I am also working on something that requires manufacturing of camshaft.
  • gs131016
    gs131016
    we are redesigning the camshaft in splendor engine. the material used in splendor camshaft was EN8.so we used the same...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have an interface in JAVA and have created 2 drop down using Choice() in AWT. I use JMatLink for Java Matlab connectivity. Now, whatever i select in drop down...
The problem with using solar energy for cooking is that solar stoves work best when sun is at the peak. It is not possibe to use it indoors. Many 'Varsities...
This is a urban personal transportation concept that marries the convenience of a car with the plusses of a motorcycle. It is stabilised using a gyro and amazingly agile. Looks...
i have installed linux few weeks ago and then got some problems in win xp so need to install a fresh xp .meanwhile i tied to remove linux also so...
I stumbled upon following interview of Mr. Ashank Desai, founder of MASTEK; one of the leading software companies in India. Those who are aspiring to be an entrepreneur must read...