Have you heard the seat sensor ?

According to a new patent application from Tesla, Tesla is currently working on a new method to classify passengers according to their weight in order to deploy safer airbags on their vehicles. Tesla's patents, titled "Car Occupant Classification Systems and Method Sensors," were released earlier this week, suggesting that the company is improving the deployment of its airbags.

Tesla explained the current problem of deploying airbags according to passengers: "During the driving process, vehicles become safer and safer by using automated systems to monitor their operation and provide appropriate alarms and assistance when needed. However, it is still difficult to detect the presence of vehicle occupants and classify them accurately into children, smaller adults or other categories, especially when classifying them. Accurate classification is essential when vehicles attempt to assist or protect their occupants with real-time safety measures.

Tesla's solution is to develop a system that detects the occupants through sensors on the seat and then classifies them according to their weight. Tesla said that the way sensors are set allows it to detect the way passengers sit on their seats, prompting the company to change the way airbags are deployed.

Tesla has always emphasized vehicle safety, and has been working on it for many years, and its vehicles have also received the highest safety rating. Recently, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) released the crash test results of Model 3, which is the least damaged model in the crash test of the agency.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello,  I downloaded codeblocks 17.12 version last year in November and installed the GNC compiler and it was working fine. I wanted to start practicing all I had learned in...
Many professionals in the automotive and technical industries claim that road noise will increase with the advancement of lightweight and electrification of vehicles. Bose plans to use noise-cancelling technology in...
what are the possible results concerning ph, what's the appropriate ph that acid leach of uranium should be done at?
I am  studying BTech 3rd year and my field is Information technology. I am really confused with what to do after completing my BTech since I don't have any knowledge...
hello ! can someone share any kind of project renewable energy for my final year project . I have searching a lot but still i can't get enough with this...