Has India done enough to ensure equality of opportunity to its people?

I chanced upon a rural family who at just arrived to begin a new life in the city. They were standing on the railway FOB begging for money from passersby. I was disturbed by their sheer lack of sense and inability. They looked from a decent background and not starvers. But still they were begging from complete strangers. But that also reminded me of the fact that there is still this India which lives in such a pathetic mentality.
Guys, please ask yourself whether we have acheieved equality for all in terms of opportunity?

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Actually we have progressed a lot but still we need to do lot more to change mentality.We don't believe in ourselves.According to me no one gives us chance.Sorry to say,Even a street dog needs fight his way else he is left to die.Though we may be human beings the law still holds true.Anyway being civilized people let us try to help others within our strength.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    Equality? where is equality in india well comming to point
    i think begging is a wrong way
    we have to check for oppertunities without giving up
    we have to struggle and i also say helping hands better than praying lips i mean by this is giving oppertunities which we had in our hands but i oppose helping them with money because this makes tham lazy
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The world in itself is meant to be unequal.Bharat is no exception.See for example we need difference in potential for current to flow,If there is no darkness light will not matter to us.😀
    But I completely agree to your point NM.HELPING HANDS BETTER THAN PRAYING LIPS.
    We must always keep on correcting everything in our way till we can.
    Anyway begging is no way out..........

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello all. I've recently got into doing small electronic work. Ive got some soldering experience and have done work with LEDS, resistors, capacitors, and transistors. Anyways, I would like to...
Looks like Paypal and RBI aren't going well together. Earlier, Paypal had to stop payments to individuals in India which was later lifted. Now, Paypal has come up with following...
Port Scanner Worm Hello Does anyone know any kind of virus or worm that after infecting a computer in a Lan, the worm can go through other computers or at...
Toshiba does manufacture great laptops, but for some reason or the other, they fail to impress an average consumer. I think that is the reason why Toshiba is not a...
Taking a bold stance against ragging, the National Institute of Technology (VNIT) put behind bars six of its final year students of Mechanical Branch who were found guilty of ragging...