Google Play "Installs on active devices" - WOW!

I stumbled upon the new metrics being rolled out by Google Play team, called "#-Link-Snipped-#". This metric will show how many users who've logged on to the Internet in the past one month have your app installed. Typically the 'current installs by device' stat would include devices that were active several weeks (or months) ago.

I just hope that this will put the 'install our app' madness. Several brands would boast the install count on their websites but we had no way to know if these are active installs.

But this still doesn't tell us the entire story!

I've multiple apps installed on my phone that I use once in 2-3 months and some are just there, occupying space on my phone's memory. Perhaps, the real stat that Google should provide is about how many users have actually 'opened' your app in the past 1 month!

What say you?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Polish Engineering firm TPA Instytut Badan Technicznych in Pruszkow has designed the first of its kind luminous bike lane, that opened last week near Lidzbark Warminski in the Mazury region....
We recently decided to launch WhatsApp based help for CrazyEngineers IO (CrazyEngineers RapidResponse) so that we can help you faster and more efficiently. Having faced issues with current operator, we...
Hello folks, I am doing my post graduation and I want to develop a project with title, "developing a technique for implementing captcha". This topic is given to me by...
Hi All, I am facing a problem with disk brake of Bajaj Pulsar 150 (30k+ Kms pedometer). The disk brake is getting jammed, it happened three months back, I gave...
Believe it or not. 11 engineering graduates are working as gangmen in the Bangalore Railway Division. Reason: family pressure to join a secure government job. Clipping of Express Publications -...