Google Maps to let you navigate the Solar System with its Planets and Moons

In an new update, Google Maps is all set to let its users visit the Planets and Moons of our solar system right from their computer. The tech-giant has assembled an imagery of total 16 celestial bodies from our Galaxy on Maps interface. In the past Google has offered a detailed imagery of Mars and the Earth’s Moon, however this is the first time that it will all be available via Google Maps interface.

planets-Moons-googlemaps
In a blogpost Google quoted that, Twenty years ago, the spacecraft Cassini went forth on a journey to uncover the secrets of Saturn and its many moons. During its mission, Cassini recorded and sent nearly half a million pictures back to Earth, allowing scientists to reconstruct these distant worlds in unprecedented detail. Now one can visit these places and other celestial bodies through Google Maps. One can explore the icy plains of Enceladus, where Cassini discovered water beneath the moon's crust—suggesting signs of life.

GoogleMaps-moonsandplanets
The thick clouds of Titan with methane lakes, a massive crater of Mimas with Venus, Pluto and several other moons are also a vision to behold. Astronomical artist Björn Jónsson, has assembled the planetary maps of Europa, Ganymede, Rhea, and Mimas by working with imagery from NASA and the European Space Agency.

To access this feature either just zoom out from your terrestrial Google Maps view until you hit outer space or click thewww.google.com. Don’t forget to make a pit-stop at International Space Station while you are out there. So grab your spacesuit and buckle up to check out the rest of this corner of the galaxy that we call home.

Source: www.blog.google

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Now that everyone in India knows what the JioPhone is and have started taking deliveries of millions of units, it has paved way for phone manufacturers and celluar operators to...
Hello, Myelf i'm Krishnapradeep currently working in manual testing domain fully functional, my experience is close to 1.8 years. Planning to move to automation testing given the current market demands/business...
Did anyone hear about Crypto currencies? Just interested to know what budding engineers have to say about crypto currencies, especially if you have heard about XRP (Ripple). Does crypto currency...
Just came across this video that seems to be going viral on the Internet. Apparently, Droom is selling helmets for cheap and the quality isn't up to the mark. Have...
Can anyone help me regarding analysis of the components for a measuring gauge,which have been designed by me.I have Auto Cad 2007 software and analysis part is absent within this...