Google Interview Questions

CEans,

One of my friends forwarded few questions asked by Google to candidates in interviews. I'm not sure if Google really asked these questions, but I thought it would be interesting to share them with you. :smile:

So Here are few questions, all you have to do is to pick one and write your answer ๐Ÿ˜‰ let's see if we get interesting replies to these interesting questions:-

Q.You are shrunk to the height of a nickel and your mass is proportionally reduced so as to maintain your original density. You are then thrown into an empty glass blender. The blades will start moving in 60 seconds. What do you do?

Q.
Explain a database in three sentences to your eight-year-old nephew.

Q.
How many gas stations would you say there are in the United States?

Q. You have to get from point A to point B. You donโ€™t know if you can get there. What would you do?

Q. Imagine you have a closet full of shirts. Itโ€™s very hard to find a shirt. So what can you do to organize your shirts for easy retrieval?

So pick your favorite question(s) and start answering ๐Ÿ˜

Oh yes! All The Best! [โ€‹IMG]

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No takers for this? Too hard?
  • suyash
    suyash
    Q.You are shrunk to the height of a nickel and your mass is proportionally reduced so as to maintain your original density. You are then thrown into an empty glass blender. The blades will start moving in 60 seconds. What do you do?

Ans :

my solution depends on the size of the blender and the amount of clothing that I have. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    what I will try to do is that I will try to make a long chain of clothes (pants+ shirts + ********** etc) and then try to hook it up on one of the blades. Now when the blender starts I will pray to god that the air vortex that forms, which actually pulls things up (like an exhaust fan) takes me out of the blender before the blades reached enough speed to get me. (of course this too, only if the top of the blender is open ๐Ÿ˜)

another solution will be that you might as well try to burn the motor of the blender by trying to wedge your clothing in between some notch, if its present at the outer periphery.

Q.Explain a database in three sentences to your eight-year-old nephew.

A database is a sort of magic bag that lets you find anything you want. you just have to order something and its there... presto !!

Q. How many gas stations would you say there are in the United States?

sit back and relax...
    or else you could also give a "birbal" like answer (how many crows? remember... ๐Ÿ˜Ž )

Q.You have to get from point A to point B. You donโ€™t know if you can get there. What would you do?

I have no clue as to this one...
    maybe I will ask for directions ๐Ÿ˜ hehe... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Q.
    Imagine you have a closet full of shirts. Itโ€™s very hard to find a shirt. So what can you do to organize your shirts for easy retrieval?

the best way to organize your shirts will be first by colour and then another subdivision in each category can be with respect to type / size...

is there a better way?

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ๐Ÿ˜ good try, Suyash!

I liked your answer to question#1 & #2.

the best way to organize your shirts will be first by colour and then another subdivision in each category can be with respect to type / size...
    really? ๐Ÿ˜
  • crook
    crook
    The_Big_K

I will take out my clothes and try to jam the rotor with them ๐Ÿ˜•
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya

A. I will not do anything. Since my density is lesser than the liquid's (assuming its water based) then I will float to the top.

Another alternative action is to take a deep breathe and sink along the sides of the vessel where the flow of the whirlpool would be the least. Come up to take a deep breath again and keep on doing that.
  • gauravtiwari89
    gauravtiwari89

i) I will try and use the measurement marks on the container as steps to climb out.
    ii)Maybe sit in the center of the blade, have a hell of a ride .. and wait for it to get over..๐Ÿ˜€

Q. Explain a database in three sentences to your eight-year-old nephew.

Database is a superhero with a giant brain, who never forgets whats where, and is allways ready to help.

Assuming that the population of U.S is 450-500miliion, and that approximately 200 million vehicles, assuming one gas station supplies to 500 cars per day ill say around 400,000.

Q. You have to get from point A to point B. You donโ€™t know if you can get there. What would you do?

Id say that I will start anyway, hire a cab who knows the way, pay him more if running late. and for personal satisfaction confirm the route with someone of its knowledge

Q. Imagine you have a closet full of shirts. Itโ€™s very hard to find a shirt. So what can you do to organize your shirts for easy retrieval?

Id built 3 basic categories, T-shirt, Full sleeves, Half Sleeves.
    These three will have three more catogories party, casual , formal..
    and in theese catogories id organise them according to thier colour.๐Ÿ˜€
  • yudi
    yudi
    Q. You are shrunk to the height of a nickel and your mass is proportionally reduced so as to maintain your original density. You are then thrown into an empty glass blender. The blades will start moving in 60 seconds. What do you do?
    A. I will try to get out of that EMPTY blender before the action begun.

Q. Explain a database in three sentences to your eight-year-old nephew.
    A. Database is like your math's teacher who remembers names, numbers, grades of every student in your class & also teaches/helps you in solving math problems.

A. Assuming that the population of U.S is 500 miliion apx., so it should be somewhere 120 to 140 thousand, according to latest census bureau data.

A. from A i'll hire a taxi/cab to reach B,making sure that he follow the authentic route. In that case taxi/cab driver should know the way to B.

A. Asumming that i don't have any T-shirt, then in that case follwing SQL query can be used.
    SELECT * FROM CLOSET HAVING SLEEVES='HALF' OR 'FULL' ORDER BY SLEEVES,COLOR;
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Wow, good!

I hope someone from Google watches this and makes you guys an offer ๐Ÿ˜

[can't rule out that possibility, you know ๐Ÿ˜‰ ]
  • mahajan.ar
    mahajan.ar
    Please have a look at the reply below!
  • mahajan.ar
    mahajan.ar
    Hey I would go like this..

Two answers to q1.
    a. If I am shrunk to size of nickel (a small coin) then I would rest at bottom of the blender and blades would be much above over me..
    b. (Personally liked this..) I would hardly give a 'minute' to think over such dangerous thoughts. And after that? Who cares! I am no more..!!

2. Database is like your mom.. She manages to store all ur clothes toys in the closet.. n give u the one u need in a moment.. n so on..

3. Around 9.8 lacs.. 9826630 sq km is area of united sttes.. n 1 gas station per 10 sq km..!

4. I would go ahead.. If I reach B, great! If I dont, I can always come back at A..

5. Color.. Human eye will sense the color first than anything else..

comments welcome guys..

Cheers
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    How to sell Ice in Eskimo?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    MaRo
    How to sell Ice in Eskimo?
    Is that a Google interview question, MaRo?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Like selling sand to desert nomads? ๐Ÿ˜›
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    The_Big_K
    Is that a Google interview question, MaRo?
    I Remember I've read this questions with each other.

And one more..How many manholes in New York?
  • mahul
    mahul
    Answer1: Why bother getting out, I would love to watch the action above my head. P.S. If the blades are dangerously low, I would bend them upwards a little( hopefully, I still have the same strength).

Answer2: A database is a huge table where people might store data. It isn't a big deal, almost like a table, except that since so many people have weird choices, it has turned out to be a bit complex to satisfy all their needs.

Answer3: Lets say there are x provinces in the United States, and each province has an average of y gas stations, that would mean there are xy gas stations in the US.

Answer4: If I really want to get to point B(doesn't matter if I need to) , I would consult google earth. Otherwise, I'd just sit back and relax.

Answer5: I would organize them according to their prices. That's what changes in my shirt according to occasion.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    so are we posting weird ans here???
  • mahul
    mahul
    Nope, my apologies if my answers sound weird. If they do, that would mean I am weird. Honestly, if any interviewer were to ask me these questions, these would have been my answers. Any comments from other CEans would be helpful.
  • ngohrvinet
    ngohrvinet
    Let me introduce all of you some Google interview questions such as:

1. How many golf balls can fit in a school bus?
    2. You are shrunk to the height of a nickel and your mass is proportionally reduced so as to maintain your original density. You are then thrown into an empty glass blender. The blades will start moving in 60 seconds. What do you do?
    3. How much should you charge to wash all the windows in Seattle?
    4. How would you find out if a machineรข€™s stack grows up or down in memory?
    5. Explain a database in three sentences to your eight-year-old nephew?
    6. How many times a day does a clockรข€™s hands overlap?
    7. You have to get from point A to point B. You donรข€™t know if you can get there. What would you do?

Source : #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    These are few of my answers ::

1 . if i am grown that small i will first get out from the jar using the space between the blades.

2. i will explain him using the abacus.

3. i would say some 400K as he is also not correctly aware of that number ๐Ÿ˜‰

4. i will use google earth for this !!!

5 . for the fifth question i will differnentiate wrt to the style of the shirt .
    formal , casual , tee
  • gohm
    gohm
    Ha, I think I would walk out of the interview as they are all unprofessional questions
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    mahul
    Answer1: Why bother getting out, I would love to watch the action above my head. P.S. If the blades are dangerously low, I would bend them upwards a little( hopefully, I still have the same strength).

Answer2: A database is a huge table where people might store data. It isn't a big deal, almost like a table, except that since so many people have weird choices, it has turned out to be a bit complex to satisfy all their needs.

Answer3: Lets say there are x provinces in the United States, and each province has an average of y gas stations, that would mean there are xy gas stations in the US.

Answer4: If I really want to get to point B(doesn't matter if I need to) , I would consult google earth. Otherwise, I'd just sit back and relax.

Answer5: I would organize them according to their prices. That's what changes in my shirt according to occasion.
    I AM YOUR FAN after these answers! ๐Ÿ˜
  • jerryvn01
    jerryvn01
    The_Big_K
    Wow, good!

I hope someone from Google watches this and makes you guys an offer ๐Ÿ˜

[can't rule out that possibility, you know ๐Ÿ˜‰ ]
    Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

[FONT="]Apart from that, this link below may be useful: [/FONT] #-Link-Snipped-#
    Tks again and pls keep posting.
  • kotoral125
    kotoral125
    Hi

I found that a member asked same question in this forum some months ago.

Pls use search box to find this questions with comments

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: #-Link-Snipped-#

Best regards.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi I am designing a 2phase BLDC motor but it has starting problem.Once it is started it gives good performance but it do not start from all the locations. if...
Misc Electrical Engg books Matlab books More Engg books Engg Books archive ๐Ÿ˜
Can someone provide me with free engineering ebooks? Provide a link or direct download access to the books.
Ok, I am glued on to Advertising and Branding - other than engg. And here is my blog - please give in your valuable feedback Branding, Marketing, Best Advertisements ๐Ÿ˜
Hai There!:smile: Can someone suggest me some really good mini projects,priferably on Power generation and transmission or related to aircraft electricals.Please๐Ÿ˜”