Google "I am feeling ...." button on home page animates, makes you 'puzzled', 'hungry' and much more

We've been noticing an interesting thing on the Google Homepage. As soon as you hover your mouse cursor over the regular 'I'm feeling lucky' button, it animates and presents you with several options like "I'm feeling puzzled", "I'm feeling hungry", "I'm feeling trendy" and so on. Click on the button takes you to various Google Project pages or search terms. For example, we clicked on the 'I'm feeling hungry' button and it took me to search results for the keyword "restaurants". We don't know what's cooking in Google brains at the moment but we are keeping an eye on the update.

[​IMG]

Google's been known to offer innovative logos (Google Doodles) depending on the events or occasions. But this is the first time we've noticed Google playing with the I'm feeling lucky button. It's quite innovative and interesting. Take a look at it ( I can only spot it on Google.com and not the regional search pages viz. google.co.in) and tell me what exactly is Google trying to 'promote'; Google after all makes all its money through advertisements, right?

Update: It turns out that we were late to notice this update. Google rolled this out on August 24, 2012.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Florida International University engineers have created the big daddy of all the wind machines, a simulator that can mimic the category 5 Saffir–Simpson Hurricane. The 15 foot machine is capable...
The Gujarat International Finance Tec-City Co. Ltd aka GIFT City is planning one of the largest data centers in India with over 1000 racks for single user. Mr. RK Jha,...
Sony's just announced a new PS3, a redesigned version of the current generation of the gaming console. Of course it's definitely not the PS4 all of us have been waiting...
Micromax HookUp service is now live and the latest Micromax SMARTY A25 (android powered) is shipping with the app pre-loaded. The app lets you send SMSes anywhere in India completely...
Our cool friends at WickedLeak sent us the Wammy Note and the device finally landed on our review desk after spending some quality time with the courier people. We were...