Google Acknowledged being: NON-COMPLIANT

Google has acknowledged that they still have the Internet user data that was collected surreptitiously through wireless networks during its street-mapping service. Per Acknowledgement from Google, this data contains information for UK and other countries.

In 2010 Google announced that inadvertently they had collected user data through the equipmenta mounted on the cars that scanned wireless networks; te scanned data also contains the information such as email messages.

The Information Commissioner's Office, that oversees data privacy in the U.K has asked Google that they as soon as possible they would examine the data; and after that they would decide that what should be the penalty fee imposed on Google.

NOTE: Google has already faced one penalty of $25,000 from U.S. Federal Communications Commission for its "noncompliance"

-CB

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Are you a Twitter user, if the answer is 'Yes'; beware of another attempt of hacking. Nacked Security had reporte that thousands of Twitter user are hit by this malware....
After speaking search questions and guessing the search results before you finish typing; On Thursday July 26th 2012, Google has came up with a new way of search, and again...
Chemical Engineer is Here!
please suggest me something for my project,mi am not getting any idea...???
people call as mr.lazy..wel!!..dats how im..i dunno hw get to get angry!!..basically ppl tel tat im sweetest!..im die hard fan of sachin tendulkar!..i lov hard rock!!...espcly chestor bennington(linkin park)...