God did not create the universe: Hawking

British physicist Stephen Hawking has said that the creation of the universe was a result of the inevitable laws of physics and it did not need God's help.

In his latest book titled "The Grand Design", Hawking writes: "Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist."

#-Link-Snipped-#

What's your opinion?

Source: IANS, India Syndicate

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    interesting..
    this dates back to Galileo, where he tried to prove earth is not flat and earth is not centre of universe. Same is with creation of universe, unless we know how universe was formed ( say pre-bigbang??), its formation will be attributed to God.
  • Leo
    Leo
    I don't believe there is existence of something like god people pray. And if there is then it is in faith, belief, determination, dedication, persistence, love, affection and feeling of doing what is right of a person in spite of all odds. The thing people trust just because they saw others trusting it, they never saw god, they never felt god nor god ever came to tell i am there. But things i believe, i saw them, i felt them and they even came to me to tell yes buddy we exist and will help you tackle everything. I don't believe in existence of god in any form for any religion, what i believe is present, is just life in one or another form.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am B.E (C.S.E) Final year student, developing a project on E-Learning. I have designed some modules like mail,e-library etc. I was doing video conferencing in LAN. I have little...
Google Chrome is celebrating its 2nd birthday and has released stable version 6. If you're using chrome, there's a chance that it has automatically updated itself. Those who want to...
Hello, this is my first post here. I am currently working with a Wheatstone bridge containing 1 JFET to sense atmospheric static fields, and the circuit is working. However, having...
Consider a database which stores employee data having following fields Name Destination Department Salary Now you have to write a sql query such that it will display the data of...
A Russian website got access to IE 9's screenshot. The site has removed the information however ZeDNet folks grabbed it before it was lost. Microsoft will release the beta version...