Frequency separation within the channel

We know that to reduce the interference effects , frequency separation is provided between two channels.

I heard that the channels we are using for a telephonic conversation itself is divided into 2 sub-channels (say forward channel and reverse channel).Forward channel is used for our voice conversation and reverse channel is used for signalling purpose (i.e., between mobile and base station).But here there is no frequency separation between forward and reverse channel.

Then why our conversations are not a bit effected by interference?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I assume, both frequencies are of different range & detectors in both end are capable of detecting only desired frequency.
    I am not sure about this though, but this seems like simple logic to differentiate signals transmitted in one medium.

Eg : In air medium millions of signals are transmitted, Wifi of neighbour, FM signals of radio station, Communication signals of a person talking using mobile. Every detector detects only frequency which it is desired to detect. I guess this is how it works.

However more detailed answer #-Link-Snipped-# can give, as I am not good in communication Engineering.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I heard that the channels we are using for a telephonic conversation itself is divided into 2 sub-channels (say forward channel and reverse channel).
    I too believe as #-Link-Snipped-# said these two channels must have different frequency and because of that there is no any disturbance in communication.
    Like we have multiple frequency in FM band.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Well, there are technologies like TDM (Time division multiplexing) where same frequency can be used for multiple channels.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Even more efficient ones are there

All above explanations hold good but If you are amazed by just two signals then consider Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing to be more puzzling than the others

FDMA and TDMA are the main reasons for this to happen here in any communication channel

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Recently I saw a program in TV.The conclusion of the program is as mass around us increases , the time will reduce. I know the above sentence is confusing.Let us...
As we know, In Analog communication in air medium between two antennas from transmitter to receiver, in transmitter end; the information signal is sent with the carrier signal & modulation...
I am opting for various softwares for my expertise is it worth to spend some extra money on gaining certificates from Autodesk or just knowledge is enough? Secondly should i...
This silly question popped into my mind just now. We know that vacuum means space or place that contains no matter.Isn't it? We use vacuum cleaners to remove all the...
Nissan has launched it's two new variants to the Nissan Micra car with a facelifted 2013 version and the Nissan Micra Active XE. After having sold more than 43,000 units...