Formula to model the ultimate collapse strength (vertical uniaxial compression) of a hollow cylindrical tube based on the variables such as Length, Thickness of tube and the Inner diameter of tube?

I am a high school student doing an experiment on the uniaxial compression of a hollow cylindrical tube for a school assignment. I was thinking of changing the length, thickness and inner diameter of the tube to check how it affects the compressive strength of the tube (while controlling the other 2 variables during each test). I have done the extreme readings for these and found that the experiment works. However, in order to proceed with the assignment i need to find related theories or formulae. I searched up online and tried to figure it out on my own, but have been unable to.

Is there someone who can help me with regards to this or maybe even point me towards someone who could?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Seems to be a rather advanced activity for high school level study.

1. #-Link-Snipped-#

2. #-Link-Snipped-#

3. #-Link-Snipped-#

• Dev Agrawal
    Dev Agrawal

thanks #-Link-Snipped-#. Will look into it. Would it be possible to contact you if i end up with further queries?

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Certainly. Previously one could send a private msg through the forum. Currently this doesn’t seem possible. Please post here to start with.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi sir, I completed b.e and I'm looking for a job.There are some advanced courses are there. But I'm confused to choose the valuable one.i want the complete details of...
Looking out for a project topic that requires to be innovative  relating to business and technology  for final year 
I am a final year student of civil engineering and I am interested in site works 
I am first year cs student.I should do the project in 3rd year or 4th year.So, we should now decide  project what we are going to do.Please tell me what...
#include  int main()  {   int i;    for(i=0;i<5;i++)  {   int i=10;    printf("%d",i);   }return 0;  }why this program prints 10 ,..5 times...the value of i will be changed after a single time...