Fluid bearing

Hi,

I got a YouTube channel where I release some animations on automotive engineering: www.youtube.com

Now, I want to create an animation about bearings. However, I don't get the fluid bearing quite right - at least that's what I'm thinking.

As far as I know, crankshafts (in engines) have hydrodynamic fluid bearings. If I look at the fluid wedge (e.g. #-Link-Snipped-#), I don't understand how the shaft can be kept at the center position in case of fast acceleration and sudden braking of the car as well as driving over (e.g.) damaged roads that will vigorously shake the car (and therefore the shaft?).

As far as I know, a bearing with two inlet ports is not used.
[​IMG]
So, anyone can tell me how it's done?

Best wishes,
Thomas

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Magicians are quite good at making things out of thin air, especially money! But, we all know the truth behind. That said, scientists from MIT and University of California have...
Hello Guyzz. Can anybody tell me about additional courses or training courses which are available after BE Electrical which can be helpful from Job perspective.
HTC’s new offering One X10 which comes as a successor to its One X9 smartphone is unveiled in Russia for a price tag of $355 (approx. Rs. 23,000). The novel...
Hello, I recently made a video called "Popsicle Stick Bombs: Cobra Weave And More Kinetic Fun!". This video is about the power of tension, potential, and kinetic energy. I hope...
Swedish automobile manufacturer Volvo has launched the performance oriented derivative of its S60 sedan, the Volvo S60 Polestar in India at an introductory price of Rs 52.5 lacs (ex-showroom, Delhi)....