Few Things You'd Like To Know

CEans!

Let me take a moment to answer few questions -

1. Will the administrator see my password?
Ans: No! The administrator cannot (errr. did you say cannot?) see your password. We have an automated system that handles user's passwords.

2. Really?
Ans: Yes. I'm not kidding.

3. Who sends the password when I request my password?
Ans: The automated system mentioned in #1.

4. What about the private messages?
Ans: Administrator can read private messages as well. But reading private message will be an extreme action. Trust your good administrator. He will prefer sipping extra coffee than reading CEan's private messages. Do not worry. Your privacy is protected.

5. How are you?
Ans: I'm fine.

If you have more questions/doubts, feel free to post them in this thread. I'll keep on updating the first post with answers.

-The Big K-

Replies

• aashima
    aashima
    understanding biggie ๐Ÿ˜‰

i was very lately thinking whether the admin has the athority to check out our passwords or not.. well u eased me with this thread biggie.. thanks
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    ๐Ÿ˜

Is there any direct link from the homepage to the forum home i mean the shout box.. can we have the shout box shifted to the todays post s page.. or for that matter the home page.. so that the visitors cna drop in shout atleast and will be visible to CEans who r unaware of the feature! what say? ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, I will answer that.

We do have links to forum from the main page (Check the left hand column of the main page) and link to the main page from forum (Check the Navigation bar at the top of forums - The link 'CE-Portal' does the job).

Q. Is it possible to have shoutbox on the CE-Portal?
    Ans: Yes. It is possible. We would prefer not to have the shoutbox displayed on the main forum for the obvious reason - The shoutbox will no longer hold its purpose. Moreover, the shoutbox will be spammed a lot. So let us continue to have the shoutbox on the forums only. Btw, our shoutbox is called 'CE-Conference Room' ๐Ÿ˜‰

Well I understand why you want the shoutbox on the main page. Its a nice feature and can be used well. But the forums is the most appropriate place for the CE-Conference Room.

The Conference Room feature can be announced on the forums. What say?

-The Big K-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Keep your questions coming, CEans!

I'm all set to answer them! ๐Ÿ˜€

-The Big K-

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Would there be a site where I could find mechanical engineers with Pro/E experience in working on engine cooling issues ? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. We have several...
I hope I'm justified in starting a new thread for this discussion. But I thought it would be interesting to gather people's opinion on questions like this- You are in...
Here I am with one more question!!! I remember when I just started to work on PC and when I have to search for each and every alphabet for writing...
Hello CEans! I want to know if anyone among us is at home with PHP & AJAX stuff. The CE forum wants your help in modifying an existing code to...
Hello All! So you wanted to have your own shop? You wanted to be a seller? You did not know how to start? You did not have money .... Now...