Facebook Login Information - To Share Or Not With Employers?

Ok, we know that every company seeks out the best of employees to be a part of their professional family, but intruding their personal space would irk any family member. The latest of this intrusion involves employers asking the candidates to share their Facebook login information with them. Now what exactly is the company trying to figure out from his/her account is something only the company officials can tell.

#-Link-Snipped-#
Login- Social Network

Company selection should be based on whether the candidate meets all the eligibility criteria, and if he/her has potential enough to be recruited. As far as I'm concerned, the company has got nothing to do with my personal connections, discussions, and other related data. There are a few things that I'll surely share with them, but there are a lot other items that I don't wish to share, which are way off limit for a third party to view, and that's where I find such a demand unacceptable. Now what use is the Privacy setting if you give out your data to anyone just like that.

Some companies are clever. They won't ask you your password. Instead, they'll ask you to log-into your account right there, during the interview. Further, an associated #-Link-Snipped-# stated that people are required to sign non-disparagement agreements that impedes them from posting negatively of their company on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter. Possible employees have greater probability to be asked their Login information if the company they applied for is a public agency, say law enforcement or 911 dispatchers, stated the report.

We'd like to know your take on this. Will you, or won't you, reveal your Facebook password should such a situation arise? Opine in comment.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The team of scientists and engineers at the Los Alamos National Laboratory surely have a reason to smile. They spent around 15 years trying to develop 100 Tesla magnetic field;...
If rumors are to be believed, the new chromebook named Daisy might be powered by an ARM chip. However,  there are good chances that it could be a chrome box...
This week saw the inauguration of the Ahvaz cable bridge, in Iran, in the presence of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Located in the city of Ahvaz, in Iran’s southern province of...
Instagram is coming to Android and there's good news for the eager ones! Though it will take a while for Instagram to land on the open-source Android platform, the popular...
It’s really very annoying when you are on the verge of sharing something very important and your call drops. Mobile signal reception has been a very challenging task for telecommunication...