Evaluate Free Projects Hosting Websites

Hi All,

This thread is dedicated to evaluating a suitable project hosting website for us. Here are the entries -
  • Zoho Projects ( #-Link-Snipped-# )
  • Google Code ( #-Link-Snipped-# )
In addition, I think there is something like mozdev. I'm not sure though. Let us evaluate and finalize one of these websites so that we can actually get started with our little CE Projects ๐Ÿ˜€

Feel free to add your comments!

-The Big K-

Replies

• crook
    crook
    I visited the Zoho site and I think its really good. What are our requirements for CE project?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    what about the good old Sourceforge? #-Link-Snipped-#

The other two looks good ๐Ÿ˜€ though Ive never started a project online before, so I wouldnt know what it takes. When are we starting? ๐Ÿ˜
  • LORD_EC
    LORD_EC
    @Big-K
    what is this all about ? I am not getting the whole idea..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hi Lord_EC,

We've (had) plans of an online project for CEans. In order to collaborate online, we needed an online space for hosting our project. An online service which would allow us to share code files, help us track the tasks etc. The services listed above are the ones which provide such facility.

Let's hope that we get enough number of regular CEans who can make this happen.

-The Big K-
  • LORD_EC
    LORD_EC
    @K
    Track tasks ?? what kind of tasks ??
    If you are talking about websites that provide free space,then i know many of them.And they are best in their category.
    What is this "so that we can share code files " ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Its not about the websites that provide the free space. As I said, once we take up a project for ourselves, we'll have to assign tasks & keep a track of them so that we know the status of the overall progress.

We have a list of websites which provide such services. Once we start a project, we'll choose one depending on our requirements.

-The Big K-
  • waterjunk
    waterjunk
    i have a hosting account which can accommodate up to 200gb of hard disk space. basically i'm willing to host anything you can find on Open-source Scripts List & Software Directory ยป Open Source CMS
    lets see how it goes.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    *bump*
    Me and xheavenlyx has been heavily testing the Google Sites thing (CE Labs Projects). It can also be used for things other than projects at least, hehe. Its pretty alright for now, but it'll need a lot of dedication to create an effective site like this:

#-Link-Snipped-#

Problem with that is, not all CE members can edit it (because CE Mail is not linked with the accounts on Crazy Engineers, I believe). Thus if they want to contribute, they'll use the forum instead. Perhaps we can assign Project Leaders to compile the ideas and update the site.

After Katri mentioned Zoho again, I'm inching to try it out. Can someone please create a sample project page there and provide the link to it here?

Of course, all this will be redundant once we integrate the Project vB addon to Crazy Engineers *grin* Really cant wait for that!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

in java language we use System.out.println. then what is System , out and println in that
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MIT, introduced a new initiative called OpenCourseWare, OCW Its a free and open educational resource (OER) for educators, students, and self-learners around the world. It is...
plz tel me in both we learn same language. what s the main diffrence bet Computer science and IT?
Hi CEans! We no longer have a complicated URL for CE Mail ๐Ÿ˜. Now you can access your CE - Mail directly from - https://email.crazyengineers.com ๐Ÿ˜ Enjoy! -The Big K-
MATLAB is a high-level technical computing language and interactive environment for algorithm development, data visualization, data analysis, and numeric computation. Using MATLAB, you can solve technical computing problems faster than...