Elon Musk's Hyperloop Picks Chennai-Bengaluru Route For India Debut, 30 Minutes Will Be The Journey

Quote:
Chennai to Bengaluru in 30 minutes! No, this is not a figment of the imagination or a video game, but a proposed mode of transport. A US-based company which has embarked on an ambitious project to revolutionise the way people moved from one city to another has set its eyes on Chennai
The brainchild of Elon Musk, HyperLoop One proposes to propel people in travel pods at 1,200kmph through a tube propped up on concrete pillars. The pod or train is able to achieve the speed because it floats in a vacuum inside the tunnel.
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Whoa. This is amazing. I think I missed this post. The distance between Chennai to Bengaluru is 345 Kms! That's huge. Must take at least 7-8 hours to reach. Reducing it to 30 minutes is amazing. Makes me think what people born after 3 decades might think of us being surprised at cutting travel time by 1/8th. šŸ˜ It'd be a common thing for them (well, that's the dream anyway).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As speculated, the Chinese smartphone manufacturing giant Xiaomi has unveiled their plan of launching Redmi Note 4 in India. The device has already been released in China in the month...
Quote: We are living in strange times where, out in the wider world, misinformation focusing on details taken out of context regularly shares space with lies and outright deceit. By...
Any one having idea about cdac bengluru(ecity) with all details including hostel charges, placement, study hours.
Harvard University and Boston Childrenā€™s Hospital researchers have developed a customizable soft robot that fits around a heart and helps it beat, potentially opening new treatment options for people suffering...
Dear friends, I want to present my new blog devoted to Mechanical Engineers, who perform their professional duties in the different parts of the World Ocean despite the difficult working...