Elegibility criteria for MS courses in engineering

CEans,

Lately I've been getting lots of queries about eligibility criteria for MS courses offered in various parts of the world.

If you have more information, please post it in this thread. I'm sure it will benefit a lot of people!

Replies

• Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    I think
    Select just a few universities to apply for a M.S. degree. Keep in mind for each university you apply, you have to pay an application fee. It could run into several hundred dollars
    i)Letter Of Recommendation,
    ii)(bachelor degree in [FONT="]engineering[/FONT]) Academics marks , degree
    iii)Institute name
    iv) good marks in GRE and Tofel(I think if you are from Marathi medium then only tofel correct me if worng )
    V) valid passport
    And many more
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I think Toefel is mandatory along with GRE to go for MS.

I have many friends who opted this and have written both the exams.

They all are from English medium itself.

Eligibility:

Mostly people join in any college in the US.

If people are aiming for *rated colleges, then good academics, high GRE and Toefl score is must.

Letters of recommendations add high value.

IF you can prove that you are versatile your application has lot of strength.
  • nick27
    nick27
    For MS in US:

GRE score and TOEFL score mandatory:
    There is cutoff of TOEFL scores: 80 above required most of times , but it depends upon University chosen.

Good university requires greater GRE scores: like MIT or Stanford will need GRE>1400 most of the times.

Good academic record: percentage >70 is always advantage. But you must have it more than 60.else no chance of admission even in average colleges.

Good LORS and SOP's : its helps.

Work experience: can be useful, but not a major criteria.

Scholarships are based on GRE , academics , and research publication.
    research paper in Ieee conference can add a great value. It may help admission as it gives extra advantage over others. It adds great value to your resume.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

PayPal X Innovate 2009 is PayPal’s first dedicated developer conference, November 3 & 4, 2009. Official website: https://www.paypal-communications.com/innovate2009/index.html Use promo code "DEVELOPER" for exclusive $149 registration.
Hi all, I am a final year student and my major project is based on simulation of Combustion process in Diesel Engine. We have been told to use Pro E...
[youtube]-KxjVlaLBmk[/youtube] Awesome, right? 😀 Don't miss it at 2:38!
Can someone guide me on how to password-protect an excel file, but allow read-only access?
Ps. Source: An Email from my friend Once there was a small kid on earth. One fine day she came to know that god is distributing apples to humans in...