Electronics Mini Project Idea: Simple Electronic Lie Detector

I came across a nice project idea on electro-tech-online. Its about simple electronic lie detector.

It works on following concept:

When you lie, your skin's resistance goes down. The circuit should measure the skin resistance and turn on a light when the resistance is goes below some set value.

What say? Anyone?

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I have a subject medical electronics in this sem and I have to do a mini project in that subject. I can very well take up this project. I was thinking more on bio potential measurement, like designing amplifier for ECG,EEG etc. Well, I was thinking about skin resistance too.
    Problem is, these ideas are conceptually very simple, but are rather difficult to implement. Because, I dont think the change in resistance will be very much greater than some micro ohms and for such a small change to be captured and amplified, we need devices which are very very sensitive. There lies the problem.
    Anyhow, I've to do a project, and I my as well do this. I'll post more after a quick research..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Engineers solve complicated problems, scorpion 😉 . I'm sure you'll do this project. Keep us posted with your proceedings, circuit diagrams, problems you faced and how you cracked them. 😀

All the best!
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    It seems I was wrong.. The human skin in it's dry state has a huge resistance and when a person lies, due to fear, he sweats. the resistance of moist skin is much lower than that of the dry skin and the amount of lowering is a staggering five to ten percent, which is in the order of kilo ohms. There should be no problem in detecting the lowering of resistance.

Thinking about that, I found one small problem though, and it's not technical. This project actualy is a sweat detector and if a person lies without sweating, it cant be detected. So, the person on whom this device is tested must be really in fear. It wont work for "joke" lies. Now tell me how I can present the project to my professor..
  • aforadi
    aforadi
    lol
  • sumith123
    sumith123
    but its not a simple problem
    because resistance value differ from each other body
    so i think no default value can set on it

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anyone plz tell me,the good paid training institute for Electronics & Communication Engineering after 4th semester
Is it just me? I guess Yahoo mail (ajax) doesn't support Google Chrome (1.0.154.43) 😲 When I click 'reply' to any message, I get a 'loading...' message that just doesn't...
i m using a stepper motor having specification 12 V 150 ma.. i m using uln2003 as motor driver..At present i m driving the motor at 15v but the problem...
im try to develop a banking intranet system with help of .net, anyone can suggest me from where i should start developing this application: confused:
I am attempting to work on a Husqvarna Auto Mower, a robotic lawn mower, which belongs to one of my friends. The only problem is I do not know where...