electromagnetic towing of vehicles

😉well guys, i've always seen the somewat dull way of pulling "breakdown" vehicles with huge cables..😕so i thought of this sys for toys like cars to move behind 1 another without any connection..😁toys are lighter...who knows it can work 4 big cars too...:sshhh: hahahahaha..

Replies

• flash319
    flash319
    Do some calculations on force required to move a 3000lb object. Then calculate the energy required to hold that force with an electro magnet. See the problem?

I had an idea like this though. What if the vehicals were in motion before coupling? Then they shared power to keep the "train" going? Lets say 10 transports going down the same highway coupled together sharing the load.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Well.. other than being dull, what is wrong with the cables? if it ain't broken, dont fix it 😉
  • gohm
    gohm
    How about a combination? Using cables to winch the vehincle up onto the flatbed tow vehicle and eletro-magnets to hold the vehicle in place on the bed?
  • satanas
    satanas
    well, cables r not the real prob here!! the thing is that u wont b dependent on that sole scrap machine to come and pull u!! look down wat i meant..anyway, that was not wat i was thinking.. this was only the tip of the iceberg.. n congrats flash319 u read my mind pal.. i mean abt the vehicles r in motion before coupling...its logic..poor thing others did nt think in that way!!!!!!!!!! so lets try make that possible..
    cheerzz and a HAPPY NEW YEAR 09...
  • satanas
    satanas
    any 1 has notes on SCADA, TELESURVEILLANCE, TELEMETRY????

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just for the sake of fun, I checked our Alexa ranking 😀 . I'm pleased to see that we are at 76,184! Now, that number might look 'big' to you,...
Everyone uses wikipedia. The articles there are just super! But I see, most of us have been just the readers. Have you ever edited any article in Wikipedia? If yes,...
CEans, Share your favorite discussions on CrazyEngineers so far. Also write why it is your favorite discussion. You may add as many discussions as you want. I'll set the ball...
Evolution of Bit-Torrent ​ It is 9 'O' clock at night. The same typical course of events have started to materialize. You download a very interesting '.torrent' file from the...
BoyToys: The Mobile History ​ Can you imagine how telephones were back in the 80's? Compare them to the mobiles now. I'm just talking about a few 20 some years....