Efficient Transportation Solutions - The Engineers Way

If all the civil and structural engineers are given a chance to build the most efficient transportation solutions for a city (i.e. designing everything from scratch), what would the ideal way be? What are the world's most efficient transportation solutions?
By efficient I mean, cost-effective, eco-friendly, traffic-reducing and anything ideal you can think of.

Let us brain storm on the best practices and the ways of implementation here. 👍

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The journal New Scientist published a report many decades back comparing transportation of micro organisms to galaxies.
    The most energy efficient transportation: Man on a bicycle
    In the Ho Chi Min Trail Bicycles were the mode of supply logistics:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    We'll need to know what we want to transport and how far we need it/them transported. Also if time is critical 😀 Probably mixing different modes of transportation to find a balance for the needs of the society and economy.

- people
    - small loads
    - heavy machinery
    - etc

If there is the assumption that autonomous vehicle technologies are robust, then that would bring in more options 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am making a project where i use a DC motor to move a load of 100kg fitted over 2 wheels one front and other rear. The DC motor will...
​ It has often been a problem is many smartphones regarding the weak GPS signal reception. Garmin comes up with a new gadget to empower the GPS signals via their...
I've been wondering how much would be the overall cost of producing 1 liter of petrol. I've no clue what kind of processing is done on raw oil extracted from...
The more I learn about the topic of 'money' the more I get convinced that 'Money' system is a 'fraud' by crooks. So just thought of collecting views on this...
Just stumbled upon Taxation in Switzerland: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxation_in_Switzerland . It's quite amazing that Swiss people don't pay so many taxes. That makes me wonder - if Switzerland can survive without collecting...