Don't Look For Indian & Chinese Engineers : Obama

U.S. President Obama has asked American companies not to look for engineers in India and China. "Employers today are looking for most skilled, educated workers. I don't want them to find them in India or China. I want businesses to find those workers right here in the US," Obama said after sending the annual budgetary proposals for the fiscal 2013 to the Congress.

One one hand, Obama faces the challenge to create jobs in the US; while it's *very* lucrative for the businesses to outsource work to countries like India and China and improve profit margins.

Do you think what Obama is advising to US based businesses will work in his favor? Or is he just making sure that he keeps the confidence of US citizens until the elections are over?

Replies

• circularsquare
    circularsquare
    Well our politicians promise free laptops to student if they get elected.
    I think Obama's promises are to the same effect.
    No company in the US is going to bring back call centers from India and chip manufacturing from China back to USA.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Obama Obama Obama! Looks he is the king ruling all the world 😲
    Anyways, I feel it's not just the statement before the elections and he could also plan to implement it.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Yes, I really want him to implement that and it will definitely help Indian citizens to think and develop.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Indian Government is surely taking lot of e-steps to make the lives of Indians easier. Very soon, you won't have to visit the local, dirty, smelly Government offices frequently to...
ANALOG CIRCUITS: characteristics and equivalent circuits(large and small signal) of diodes,BJT,JFETs and MOSFET simple diode circuits: clipping, clamping, rectifier, biasing and bias stability of transistior and FET amplifiers. Amplifiers: single...
The popular game on ios and android is now available on Facebook. The game got leaked a little ahead of its launch today 😀 .The game was scheduled to launch...
can you suggest me some topic for my final year engineering project in computer field except making web sites.
Here's yet another Scott Adams masterpiece -