View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12838 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Feb 14, 2012

Don't Look For Indian & Chinese Engineers : Obama

U.S. President Obama has asked American companies not to look for engineers in India and China. "Employers today are looking for most skilled, educated workers. I don't want them to find them in India or China. I want businesses to find those workers right here in the US," Obama said after sending the annual budgetary proposals for the fiscal 2013 to the Congress.

One one hand, Obama faces the challenge to create jobs in the US; while it's *very* lucrative for the businesses to outsource work to countries like India and China and improve profit margins.

Do you think what Obama is advising to US based businesses will work in his favor? Or is he just making sure that he keeps the confidence of US citizens until the elections are over?
circularsquare
circularsquare • Feb 14, 2012
Well our politicians promise free laptops to student if they get elected.
I think Obama's promises are to the same effect.
No company in the US is going to bring back call centers from India and chip manufacturing from China back to USA.
Obama Obama Obama! Looks he is the king ruling all the world 😲
Anyways, I feel it's not just the statement before the elections and he could also plan to implement it.
Mr.Don
Mr.Don • Mar 8, 2012
Yes, I really want him to implement that and it will definitely help Indian citizens to think and develop.

Share this content on your social channels -