Does anyone know about crystal cut?

Hi all,

I'm using comsol to do surface acoustic wave simulation. And all the material I read mentioned about crystal cut, like xy-cut, yz-cut, 30° rotated yx-cut. And in COMSOL piezoelectric application mode I have to specify the material orientation, like xy, yx, zx, xz, etc. I'd like to ask if there is relation between this two, which means the material cut determines the material orientation in comsol.

And even if not, I still want to know what exactly is crystal cut(I mean how to cut it, I can't imagine) and what exactly is material orientation. I searched many materials on internet but didnt find an easy-to-understand one.

Thanks in advance.

CC

Replies

• riojohn
    riojohn
    HI,
    Crystal Cut has been the clear choice for cutting, drilling and building services for almost a quarter of a century. As on eof the leading companies in its field, Crystal Cut has a reputation for efficiency and speed. Construction companies and other organisations from all over the UK use our services and recommend us to others...

Thank you...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi

Hi this is Siddharth . I am an Electronics and telecom. Hope to have a good time here.😁
Name:V.Kingsly jesus *Engineering Trade: mech Location:trichy *Occupation: (Student| Work Experience: 2 years *Hobbies & Interests: *Aim in life: to be happy with basic amenities.😁 *I joined CrazyEngineers because: it shall...
i'm doing MCA 2nd year.i want to do some mini projects in C\C++..tell me some ideas.i'm also interested in mathematics
hi im new please guide me..