Do you think the IT jobs market in India will grow after US elections?

United States, though going through challenging economic conditions, has impact all over the world. India's IT industry is more or less directly affected by the US economy. That is because the India's IT industry mostly operates on the work outsourced by the American and European countries. With the weaker economy, the companies were reluctant to outsource the projects to India and that resulted into several companies keeping their Indian staff on-bench for long time and freezing recruitment drives.

India's IT major Infosys recently announced that while they'll honor all the recruitment offers made on the campus, the joining dates have been delayed by about 3 months. Check our VoiCE Scoop: #-Link-Snipped-#.

I believe that US economic conditions will improve after the US elections in December. That might just lead to more outsourced projects to India; creating more jobs in the IT industry here. But Obama has been promising lesser tax benefits to the US companies that outsource jobs to India and China; so we can't be very sure how Obama will respond (if elected, of course) after the elections.

What do you think?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    If Obama says more freedom to companies which support their home load then there will be a mess in IT sector His declaration is the determining factor

But truly I am not that confident in American Economy reaching it's past glory with the level of Debt it has. And (my opinion) It will take more than 10 years for it to stand up in its feet.

With this scenario in mind I am pessimistic about this in many areas .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Tata Consultancy Services, not Reliance (RIL) is the biggest company in India with a market capitalisation of Rs 2.61 lakh crore. TCS gained the crown because of the soaring share...
I think Electrical Engineering isn't very complicated. All you need to know and understand is just one equation : V=IR. Though this is a simple equation, not many really can...
why semiconductor is preferred in current controlling than a resistor
I Tried searching the forum but i couldn't find an answer. 3D tag in html.
Given the strong opposer of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) that I am; reading Chetan Bhagat write on national issues in a national publications makes my mercury get warmer even in...