Do you know what is intake manifold?

The intake manifold is one of the main performance parts of the engine, its main function is to provide a uniform and stable intake for the engine operation, to ensure the uniformity of the cylinder intake. The maximum intake of each cylinder of the engine is the premise to ensure the maximum power of the engine. Bad uniformity will lead to unstable torque output, engine vibration, increased emissions and other problems.

Reasonable design of intake manifold port structure can not only reduce intake pressure loss, increase intake, but also ensure the uniformity of each cylinder intake. Therefore, intake manifold structure design is a key technology to ensure engine power performance, economy, reliability and emission characteristics.

Through the three-dimensional CFD simulation software STAR CCN+, the flow field distribution in intake manifold is displayed from the view of view, and the structure of intake manifold is designed to reduce intake pressure loss, increase intake volume and improve intake uniformity.

Compared with the traditional design method, CAD and CFD combined design method can effectively reduce the early sample trial and test, shorten the design and development cycle, reduce the development cost, more importantly, improve the design accuracy.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am mechanical engineer from Nagpur Maharashtra. I want to start the maintenance service in power plant steel plant and in industries.so how should I start from.which factors should I...
I am very confused between java .Net and Python. I can't decide which is best for me. I have done Electronic Engineering. I also got very less cgpa in engineering.I...
sir,I 'm cse final year student. I 'm interested in the area of data analyst .please suggest a project for me
CrazyEngineers Gets A Makeover!Welcome to revamped CrazyEngineers. This is our biggest makeover since our launch in May 2018. As you'd guess, we've listened to your feedback and have tried to...
This time Accenture has changed the pattern of their questions for written test for the post of Associate Application Developer. Will they ask from any specific domain or will be...