Do you know what is heat treatment of automobile parts steel

Heat treatment of steel parts is a process that changes the structure of steel by means of heating, heat preservation and cooling, so that the required properties of steel parts can be obtained.

The heat treatment of steel varies according to the way of heating and cooling.

Annealing: A heat treatment process in which steel is heated to a certain temperature for a period of time and then slowly cooled to room temperature with the furnace; the purpose is to reduce hardness, improve cutting performance, improve plasticity and toughness, eliminate structural defects in steel and eliminate internal stress.

Normalizing: Normalizing is a heat treatment process in which the steel is heated to a critical temperature of 50-70 degrees above, fully insulated, and then cooled in the air; the purpose is basically the same as annealing, but the strength and hardness of normalized steel is higher than that of annealed steel.

Quenching: quenching is a heat treatment process in which the steel is heated to 30-50 degrees above the critical temperature and cooled rapidly in the cooling medium after heat preservation; the commonly used cooling medium is water, mineral oil, salt, alkali water solution, etc. The main purpose of quenching is to improve the hardness and strength of the steel.

Tempering: A heat treatment process in which hardened steel is reheated to a temperature below a critical temperature for a period of time and then cooled in air or oil to reduce or eliminate internal stress, improve toughness and plasticity, adjust hardness and reduce brittleness, and ensure that the shape and size of the steel remain unchanged.

Surface hardening: Surface hardening is a local quenching method in which the surface of a steel piece is hardened to a certain depth while the central part remains unquenched; the purpose is to obtain a higher strength, wear resistance and fatigue strength on the surface of the steel piece, while the center still has sufficient plasticity and toughness.

CHEMICAL HEAT TREATMENT: CHEMICAL HEAT TREATMENT means that steel parts are heated, kept warm and cooled in a certain medium, so that some elements in the medium penetrate into the surface layer of steel parts, thereby improving the surface properties; the purpose is to improve the hardness, wear resistance, corrosion resistance and oxidation resistance of the surface layer of steel parts; mainly carburizing, nitriding, carbonitriding, etc.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

mam, i completed B.tech 2 years before and i couldn't found good job and now i want to teach in school but their requirement is to have B.Ed so if...
The Engineer (UK) says:The demise of Bloodhound SSC is a worrying sign that we no longer dare to dream writes our anonymous blogger. https://www.theengineer.co.uk/concerned-bloodhounds-demise/?cmpid=tenews_6896164&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=tenews&adg=B9661AD2-80C4-45E6-885B-771A5905C40A
The Engineer (UK) says:Aston Martin has released technical details for the 6.5-litre V12 engine that will sit at the heart of its Valkyrie hypercar, due to hit the streets in...
Can you explain what is the main motto of paper presentation,do we need to put innovation ideas in that topic.
I am B.Tech in Civil then completed B.ed course. Interested to be TGT in KVS.As Per latest KVS employment i am only eligible for PRT. I want to know is...