Do graduation marks really matter?

Does your performance in engineering exams and graduation marks really matter in your professional career? My personal experience is that it only mattered at the time of finding the first job. That's the only

step when the recruiters actually cared for my graduation marks and how I performed during engineering exams. 

After I got my first job, all that mattered what how well I did on the projects assigned to me, whether I delivered all the tasks allotted to me within time and how was my relationship with my reporting manager. 

Yet, I see a lot of engineering college students getting depressed about their performance and feel hopeless. 

I'm not saying that it's okay to get poor grades in college exams during graduation. It's be very wrong to say that! But, for some reason, you can't do well - don't get depressed. Just aim to get that first job and when you do that - learn as much as you can, as fast as you can. 

I'm looking forward to experiences from our fellow CEans who've graduated and either found a job or got into business. 

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What are the best laptops in the market that cost less than Rs. 40,000?
 CE mailed that an online course is getting to be started to building your own website and start earning side income from it. So could please inform me when it...
I am interested in automobile field and what are the technical short term courses for it. Also please inform the importance and scope of non-destructive testing in mech engineering.
What are various tips, tricks and techniques to score good marks in GATE?